none
Outlook Web Access Page Could Not Be Displayed Exchange 2007 after changing ISP and Internet Address RRS feed

• General discussion

• I can get Outlook Web Access to display Internally OK, but when I try to access it from the Internet Externally to the network I get the "Page Could Not Be Displayed Error".

I have checked that the HTTP and HTTPS traffic on ports 80 and 443 is forwarded through the Firewall to the IP Address of the Server.

I have updated the Firewall Rules with the new Static Internet Address from the new ISP.

When I ping the URL of the Outlook Web Access from external, it returns the correct IP Address for the site.

If I use Putty to try to Telnet to the Internet Address or OWA Host address on 80 or 443 I get a network connection error.

I have checked the Firewall Rules again and there is a Port Forwarding rule from the Internet Static IP Address to the Internal IP Address of the server for OWA on port 443.

I'm not sure why it is still blocked.

Saturday, June 14, 2014 3:05 AM

All replies

• Is this a new Exchange installation or existing?  I ask because you say "new ISP", I was wondering if this possibly worked with your old ISP and quit with the move to the new ISP.

Just another random thought...I would check to make sure Windows Firewall is not interfering with incoming connections.  Probably not, but if it were me, I'd disable it temporarily and test, for my sanity...

Saturday, June 14, 2014 3:13 AM
  • Existing Exchange installation just changed Internet Service Providers and got a new Internet Static IP Address.

Windows Firewall is currently disabled for testing. Fortinet Firewall has port forwarding rules in place to map traffic on port 80 and 443 to the server IP Address.

I can't get the logging to work on the Firewall to see if traffic is being denied.

Saturday, June 14, 2014 3:21 AM
  • If you have support with Fortinet, I would definitely enlist their help to get logging turned on.  If nothing changed within your environment, just the external interface IP, then it seems the issue has to be in your firewall.
    Sunday, June 15, 2014 12:59 AM
  • looks like your public ip is changes as you moved a new ISP. Now make changes to the DNS records and point it to the new ISP's Public IP Provided to you.

just ping the owa url and check where does it resolves to.

Where Technology Meets Talent

Sunday, June 15, 2014 8:57 PM
  • I have no support with Fortinet to get the logs on the Firewall working. I might need to take this device out temporarily to see if the traffic passes through.

I already mentioned in my first post that when I ping the owa url it resolves to the new ISP's Public IP provided to me, so it appears to be the correct address. Where it goes from there, I'm not sure but it seems like the Firewall must be blocking it even though the rules appear to be correct.

I might need to remove the Firewall and port forward directly from the modem to see if the Firewall is in fact the issue. The Firewall device is old, has no support and may be in need of replacement also.

Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Monday, June 16, 2014 1:04 AM
  • Run the test from www.TestExchangeConnectivity.com  and if that works. Run it with or without firewall plugged in.

Monday, June 16, 2014 1:17 AM
  • When I test using www.testexchangeconnectivity.com and I select either Microsoft Exchange Web Services Connectivity Tests or Microsoft Office Outlook Connectivity Tests it fails almost every test as follows:

Testing RPC/HTTP connectivity.
      The RPC/HTTP test failed.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 1316 ms.

Test Steps

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to test Autodiscover for email@domain.com.au.
      Testing Autodiscover failed.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 1313 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting each method of contacting the Autodiscover service.
      The Autodiscover service couldn't be contacted successfully by any method.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 1313 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://sprayflo.com.au/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml
      Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 1025 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name domain.com.au in DNS.
      The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: 122.201.xx.xx (this is not new Public IP)
    Elapsed Time: 270 ms.
    Testing TCP port 443 on host domain.com.au to ensure it's listening and open.
      The port was opened successfully.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 253 ms.
    Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
      The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 501 ms.

Test Steps

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server domain.com.au on port 443.
      The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer wasn't able to obtain the remote SSL certificate.

Additional Details

The certificate couldn't be validated because SSL negotiation wasn't successful. This could have occurred as a result of a network error or because of a problem with the certificate installation.
    Elapsed Time: 445 ms.
    Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://autodiscover.sprayflo.com.au/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml
      Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 145 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.domain.com.au in DNS.
      The host name couldn't be resolved.
       <label for="testSelectWizard_ctl12_ctl06_ctl00_ctl00_ctl01_ctl00_tmmArrow">Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it</label>

Additional Details

Host autodiscover.domain.com.au couldn't be resolved in DNS InfoDomainNonexistent.
    Elapsed Time: 145 ms.
    Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using the HTTP redirect method.
      The attempt to contact Autodiscover using the HTTP Redirect method failed.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 25 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.domain.com.au in DNS.
      The host name couldn't be resolved.
       <label for="testSelectWizard_ctl12_ctl06_ctl00_ctl00_ctl02_ctl00_tmmArrow">Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it</label>

Additional Details

Host autodiscover.domain.com.au couldn't be resolved in DNS InfoDomainNonexistent.
    Elapsed Time: 25 ms.
    Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using the DNS SRV redirect method.
      The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer failed to contact the Autodiscover service using the DNS SRV redirect method.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 59 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to locate SRV record _autodiscover._tcp.domain.com.au in DNS.
      The Autodiscover SRV record wasn't found in DNS.
       <label for="testSelectWizard_ctl12_ctl06_ctl00_ctl00_ctl03_ctl00_tmmArrow">Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it</label>

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 59 ms.
    Checking if there is an autodiscover CNAME record in DNS for your domain 'domain.com.au' for Office 365.
      Failed to validate autodiscover CNAME record in DNS. If your mailbox isn't in Office 365, you can ignore this warning.
       <label for="testSelectWizard_ctl12_ctl06_ctl00_ctl00_ctl04_tmmArrow">Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it</label>

Additional Details

There is no Autodiscover CNAME record for your domain 'domain.com.au'.

Elapsed Time: 56 ms.

I'll try to add a new A Record in DNS for autodiscover to point to the new Public IP address.

Monday, June 16, 2014 1:47 AM
  • with or without firewall?

Monday, June 16, 2014 1:50 AM
  • With Firewall at the moment. Outlook web access was working prior to ISP and Public IP change with Firewall in place. Only made changes to Public IP within Firewall & DNS after change took place. 
    Monday, June 16, 2014 2:03 AM