none
change assignment owner on all tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Can I change back  Assignment Owner name to same Resource Name on many tasks on many projects,
    Is there any easy way- instead of doing task by task
    Monday, June 8, 2015 11:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Mafab,

Please do not multi post.

As I replied on your other thread, I'd advice to use the resource usage view after having inserting the projects in a master plan. Then select your resource, insert the assignment owner column and copy paste the resource name into the assignment owner column.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by mafab Monday, June 8, 2015 12:29 PM
    Monday, June 8, 2015 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Mafab,

In case you want to change it for all tasks all projects, you can update the default assignment owner in the resource settings from PWA. Note that default Assignment Owner only works for new assignments.

Another solution if you just need to do it for some tasks and some projects would be to insert the projects in a master plan, insert the "assignment owner" column and change the value a first time and then extend the value to the next cells, like in excel. Copy paste also works. Using the resource usage view would be a good idea. Then save only the projects, not the master plan.

Then you might need to do it programmatically. See references here.

Hope this helps,

Monday, June 8, 2015 11:32 AM
  • Hi,
    Can I change back  Assignment Owner name to same Resource Name on many tasks on many projects,
    Is there any easy way- instead of doing task by task
    Monday, June 8, 2015 11:35 AM
  • Hi Mafab,

Please do not multi post.

As I replied on your other thread, I'd advice to use the resource usage view after having inserting the projects in a master plan. Then select your resource, insert the assignment owner column and copy paste the resource name into the assignment owner column.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by mafab Monday, June 8, 2015 12:29 PM
    Monday, June 8, 2015 11:37 AM
  • Thanks GR,
    I didn't go for Master Plan as my WBS is different -not uniform,
    but the good thing is I am able to do like excel there in "Resource Usage" View,
    Many thanks

Monday, June 8, 2015 12:29 PM