Cutover Lync on Premises to SfB Office 365 Server Address internal & Sever address External RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had old  Lync 2010 with GW. SO  there was a decision made to do  cutover.
    I have done cutover.
    I have  go with decommissioning process for on-premises server. Users are working normally, everything is functioning as it should.
    I had to add sip address inside AD attribute msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress , for all non  default domains, because they all receive default SIP address. Like default domain is  domain.com and they ware in domain.de. Without msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress, they received sip eq *@domain.com.

I have decommission server to the part of  forest, but have some trouble with permissions etc..
    Problem that I see, but looks like does not effect the SfB  client configuration information. There  is configuration information  Server Address internal & Sever address External  that both points to old  decommission server.
    How can I remove this, so client will not receive this  information in configuration.

Br,
    Borut

BlatniS

Monday, December 11, 2017 10:33 AM

Answers

• U meant "Internal Server Name and External Server Name" in Advanced Option at SFB client?

You can disable it using GPO as mentioned here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425941(v=ocs.15).aspx 

Specify Server 
    (ConfigurationMode)

Specifies how Lync 2013 identifies the transport and server to use during sign-in. Within this setting, you specify the following:

• ServerAddressExternal: Specifies the server name or IP address used by clients and federated contacts when connecting from outside the external firewall.

• ServerAddressInternal: Specifies the server name or IP address used when clients connect from inside the organization’s firewall.

• Transport: Specifies either Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Transport Layer Security (TLS).

• Marked as answer by Borut2009 Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:09 PM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:25 AM
  • Hi Borut2009,

You could try to clean the cache and register SFB and make a test.

SFB Cache : :%userprofile%\appdata\local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ sip_alias@domain.com

SFB Regieter:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ sip_alias@domain.com

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:46 AM

All replies

• U meant "Internal Server Name and External Server Name" in Advanced Option at SFB client?

You can disable it using GPO as mentioned here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425941(v=ocs.15).aspx 

Specify Server 
    (ConfigurationMode)

Specifies how Lync 2013 identifies the transport and server to use during sign-in. Within this setting, you specify the following:

• ServerAddressExternal: Specifies the server name or IP address used by clients and federated contacts when connecting from outside the external firewall.

• ServerAddressInternal: Specifies the server name or IP address used when clients connect from inside the organization’s firewall.

• Transport: Specifies either Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Transport Layer Security (TLS).

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:25 AM
  • Hi Borut2009,

You could try to clean the cache and register SFB and make a test.

SFB Cache : :%userprofile%\appdata\local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ sip_alias@domain.com

SFB Regieter:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ sip_alias@domain.com

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:46 AM
  • HI All,

It Was GPO.

THX.

Mfg,

Borut

BlatniS

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:09 PM
  • Thanks for your sharing

Regards,

Leon Lu

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:45 AM