none
Saving timescale settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there an option in Project 2013 to save the timescale settings? Now, when I adjust the timescale settings for weeks to my wishes and switch back and forth between weeks and months f.e., my settings are lost. Found some threads suggesting this isn't possible in 2010, but can't imagine that by now (2013) this still isn't possible. Even if it was for a workaround.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You are absolutely right, sorry. I tested my "solution" in 2010 and it worked; I now see it doesn't work in 2013.

Fortunately I now found and tested a solution in 2013:

Views; Other views;More Views;Copy; give a name (f.i. Weekly Gantt); change the timescale.

Now you can switrch from Gatt Chart to Weekly Gantt and back and your timescale setting in Weekly Gantt will not be lost.

Greetings,

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hallo,

A workaround exists - and it has been there for a century or so.

When you have arranged the timescale to your liking, go to File, Info, Organizer and copy the Gantt Chart View from your file into Global.mpp

Whenever you need this view setting again, cpy the view in Global back into the active file (the Original one or any other one)

Lengthy, but it's a workaround, not more :-(

Groeten,

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 9:29 AM
  • Thanks for your response Jan, but it doesn't do the trick for me.

Standard the timescale, when set to weeks f.e., has two tiers. Tier one are the dates of every monday of every week (24-11). Tier two is the Month (December). I don't work with dates but with week numbers, so I changed the timescale as follows:

Tier 1: weeknumbers
    Tier 2: date of every monday
    Tier 3: years

Now when I go to File>Info>Organizer and on the Views tab select Gantt Chart in my current project (right side) and copy it over to Global (left side) after renaming it, it does show up in the more views windos in my project itself. But when I choose this view in my project, it goes right back to the standard project view with two tiers.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

You are absolutely right, sorry. I tested my "solution" in 2010 and it worked; I now see it doesn't work in 2013.

Fortunately I now found and tested a solution in 2013:

Views; Other views;More Views;Copy; give a name (f.i. Weekly Gantt); change the timescale.

Now you can switrch from Gatt Chart to Weekly Gantt and back and your timescale setting in Weekly Gantt will not be lost.

Greetings,

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Bedankt weer Jan!
    Monday, December 1, 2014 8:01 AM