UAG DA Force Tunnel and ipv6 enabled web sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've seen lot of discussion about force tunnel and ipv6 intranet sites and in general about ipv6 routing.

I've configured UAG DA Force tunnel and everything else is working pretty good except accessing ipv6 enabled web sites in internet. For example google.com, iltalehti.fi and myip.dk has ipv6-address in internet dns. When i try to access iltalehti.fi from UAG DA Force tunnel client, it times out (no firewall behind or in front of UAG). Also TMG cannot see traffic at all. If i use web browser from UAG server and access iltalehti.fi it looks ok even the connection is done using ipv6 address.

So somehow traffic gets lost in somepoint. Has anyone else noticed the same thing? I think this might have something to do with ipv6 routing tables either client or UAG.

-teemu

br -teemu

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How your clients will connect to the internet, is there web proxy server? DNS64/NAT64 connection will not work if you try to connect IPV6 Internet resources. Setup web proxy for clients.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:20 AM
  • Hi

There is no proxy (yet). Have you tested this out more with Network Monitor or some other tool? Is this ipv6 routing problem, TMG ipv6 -support problem or something else... Just tying to find out if there is some way to make this work without proxy. If not, then the proxy configuration is the only option.

Thanks 

br -teemu

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:34 PM