WHAT THE BlSoD 0xc000000f STARTUP ERROR FOR?! RRS feed

• Question

• RRRRRRR,, I am trying to repair my Toshiba Satillite A135 laptop due to a startup error. The first time it happened was that i was fixing up the Internet, but someone banged it and did a cold reboot. All of a sudden, it displayed a BlSoD error.

It was caused by a corrupt system startup file. I have:

80 GB SATA HDD

512 MB DDR2 SDRAM

Intel Celeron M 390 @1.70 GHz

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic - Build 6000

DVD-ROM / CD Rewritable Ultra Speed +

I do know that this can be caused by a varity of reasons such as corrupt files and hardware problems.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Most blue screen issues are a kernel mode crash issues. Generally they occur when a driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Currently, I suggest trying Startup Repair to troubleshoot the issue

Startup Repair

=========

1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next. 

4. Click Repair your computer. 

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next. 

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, May 26, 2008 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Most blue screen issues are a kernel mode crash issues. Generally they occur when a driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Currently, I suggest trying Startup Repair to troubleshoot the issue

Startup Repair

=========

1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next. 

4. Click Repair your computer. 

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next. 

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, May 26, 2008 2:54 AM
  • RRRRRRR,, I am trying to repair my Toshiba Satillite A135 laptop due to a startup error. The first time it happened was that i was fixing up the Internet, but someone banged it and did a cold reboot. All of a sudden, it displayed a BlSoD error.

It was caused by a corrupt system startup file. I have:

80 GB SATA HDD

512 MB DDR2 SDRAM

Intel Celeron M 390 @1.70 GHz

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic - Build 6000

DVD-ROM / CD Rewritable Ultra Speed +

I do know that this can be caused by a varity of reasons such as corrupt files and hardware problems.

_________________________UPDATES__________________________________

Time: During Boot (Windows Boot Manager) winload.exe is corrupt

Windows Recovery Environment doesn't work...

Friday, April 10, 2009 1:25 AM