none
The server operation time out .please try again later RRS feed

• Question

• Some external users who have a dedicated mailbox database in exchange server started to have the following error :

“The server operation time out .please try again later “, when pressing forward for  mails with large attachments (9 MB in size) through OWA

I noticed that this problem occurs with them only as I tried  to access the mail through OWA from outside the company  local network  and  forward this mail with no error ,

Also I noticed that the database of those users at 9:00 AM to 10: am has a lot of alerts that indicate a  high RPC traffic ,then by monitoring the RPC traffic I found that owa traffic was high ,but after 10 :00 AM even after these alerts are closed and the RPC traffic rate decreased  they  still can’t forward mail with large attachment .and got the same error .

So does anyone have  any idea about what might be causing the problem,in addition how can I know what make the owa traffic being as high with knowing that this database only have 20 users 

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi
       1. please check your firewall setting. Does it scan or audit outside user ?
       2. Mobile phone will cause high traffice.
       3. Do you run any schedule task on your server from 9 A.M to 10 A.M.
       4. Check network flow.

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:47 AM
  • Dear Trence,

thanks for your reply ,I just want to tell you that I have no access on the firewall and I don't think it is the case because I already tried to access the mail from outside and nothing happen with me .

regarding mobile phone , i was monitoring the rpc traffic and I found that the owa traffic was high not the active sync,

regarding point 3 I have no schedule

regarding point 4 how to check the network flow

Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:22 AM
  • "the error server times out " started to happen internally from yesterday 
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:29 AM
  • Hi
       1. please check CPU and memory usage of CAS server. Does any service and process contains these ?
       2. Please check virus on client. 
       3. Do you modify setting on your switch and router?

Terence Yu

Friday, September 14, 2012 12:40 AM
  • about cpu usage : checking the task manager I found that there is no high cpu usage or memory

antivirus settings  on client was not  changed

modifying switch or router configuration I don't know because I'm only mail server admin

but note that when I forward a message with attachment sized 10 MB it would take around 15 to 200 seconds to be loaded internally

so what do you think I could do

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:25 PM
  • Hi
       I would check network. Does anyone download big file? Does server download big patch?

Terence Yu

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:29 AM
  • when users access owa they got this message

but now some users can access owa but with error the server is to busy

and the following is the only error scom is sending

lert: The Exchange store has detected a database level RPC request timeout.
    Source: Information Store Performance - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name
    Path: MBX02.mydomain.local;MBX02
    (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name
    Last modified by: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Last modified time: 10/23/2012 3:33:10 PM
    Alert description: TimeSampled: 2012-10-23T15:05:19.0000000+02:00
    ObjectName: MSExchangeIS
    CounterName: RPC Request Timeout Detected on Database
    Value: 2
    SampleValue: 1

Knowledge: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=67336&id=09DCCBB6-71A6-4fcd-A44E-84EC37324D7B

Computer: MBX02.mydomaindc.local

Impacted Entities (19):
      Content Indexing Service - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Search Copy Indexed (Management) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Search Copy Indexed (Investment-Projects) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Search Copy Indexed (Ehcaan) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Search Copy Indexed (NAVISAT) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Search Copy Indexed (Users) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Search Copy Indexed (DTDB1) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Queryable (Investment-Projects) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Queryable (Management) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Queryable (DTDB1) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Queryable (NAVISAT) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Queryable (Ehcaan) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Queryable (Users) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Performance (Ehcaan) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Performance (Investment-Projects) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Performance (Users) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Performance (NAVISAT) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Performance (DTDB1) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name, Database Copy Performance (Management) - MBX02 (Mailbox) - Default-First-Site-Name

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:07 PM