PACKAGEINSTALLATIONROOT with APP-V 5.2 for RDP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Having some problems to publish APPV applications to Xenapp 6.5 users.

AppData is redirected since it is supported with APP-V 5.2  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn508408.aspx

Running MDOP for software Assurance 2013 R2

Installed APP-V 5.2 for RDP on Citrix windows 2008R2.  Followed guide on http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713463.aspx   and change registry key

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Streaming\PackageInstallationRoot from %programdata%\App-V  to %appdata%\App-V

App-v Publishing server is working. Package  is published to %APPDATA%.  Access rights for the package is Domain users

"%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\1FF7B2AC-0230-422B-875B-0767C9678C77\Root\VFS\AppVPackageDrive\MY_App\My_App.exe"

Note:  the folder 1FF7B2AC-0230-422B-875B-0767C9678C77 is displayed as a shortcut

When logged onto the Citrix Terminal server as an Admin I can run the application from the shortcut that was created with no problems

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\1FF7B2AC-0230-422B-875B-0767C9678C77\Root\VFS\AppVPackageDrive\My_App.exe

When a client is logged onto the Citrix Terminal server the following folders are created:

C:\Users\dawa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration   (empty)                                                                                                                                                                  

C:\Users\dawa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\VFS\1FF7B2AC-0230-422B-875B-0767C9678C77

Subfolders: (all empty)

APPV_ROOT

APPV_ROOTS

AppVPackageDrive

AppVPackageDriveS

AppVSystem32Logfiles

Programs

Windows

The error I am getting is this when the user logs on.  I have also disabled AppData re-direction but I get the same error.

Event 19105: Part or all packages un-publish failed.  un-published: 0  failed: 2  Please check the error events of 'Unpublish Package' before this message for the details of the failure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or which section in advanced debugging should I look at (46 sections)

Thanks

David

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:53 PM

Answers

All replies