none
Queue errors and slow processing on Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Also getting users say "Not all projects are being shown in the PWA site once created and published"

Showing in project logs:

Cannot start queue. SSP: b051a38e-7728-461e-b221-7fe662bff35b  SiteUID: fa002050-6f29-47a0-b4c9-29ca0709cd37 Url:  Queue: ProjectQ 

[QSERVICE] SSP: b051a38e-7728-461e-b221-7fe662bff35b  Site: fa002050-6f29-47a0-b4c9-29ca0709cd37Url:  Queue: ProjectQ: Cannot start queue system for this site. Error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id fa002050-6f29-47a0-b4c9-29ca0709cd37 could not be found.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(Guid id, SPFarm farm, SPUrlZone zone, SPUserToken userToken)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(Guid id, SPUrlZone zone)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Base.PlatformContext.PreInitialize(Guid trackingId, Guid siteId, SPUrlZone urlZone, CultureInfo languageCulture, CultureInfo localeCulture)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Base.PlatformContext..ctor(Guid correlationId, Guid siteId, SPUrlZone urlZone)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Base.PlatformConte... 

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:20 AM

Answers

• The site with the id fa002050-6f29-47a0-b4c9-29ca0709cd37 could not be found - This may be your orphaned PWA instance. I trust this is not related with your issue.

"Not all projects are being shown in the PWA site once created and published"

-Is it a sub project? If yes, have you selected the check box "Show sub projects"

-Do you have any filter in the view? Is it occurring for all the project / project managers?

-Is there any failed job in the "project server / manage queue" related to that published project?

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Monday, March 7, 2011 3:59 PM
  • How many service applications created for project server?

How many PWAs are created? Any PWA is in failed state?

I would recommend to create support incident with MS to remove the Orphan instance?

Monday, March 7, 2011 6:45 PM

All replies

• The site with the id fa002050-6f29-47a0-b4c9-29ca0709cd37 could not be found - This may be your orphaned PWA instance. I trust this is not related with your issue.

"Not all projects are being shown in the PWA site once created and published"

-Is it a sub project? If yes, have you selected the check box "Show sub projects"

-Do you have any filter in the view? Is it occurring for all the project / project managers?

-Is there any failed job in the "project server / manage queue" related to that published project?

Monday, March 7, 2011 3:59 PM
  • How do i remove the orphaned instance?

Monday, March 7, 2011 4:27 PM

I would recommend to create support incident with MS to remove the Orphan instance?

Monday, March 7, 2011 6:45 PM

As far as i am aware there is only 1 where do i check this?

There is only 1 PWA the PWA site was created from restored databases on a new Project 2010 Server, the PWA is not in the failed state.

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Also getting few more in the event logs possibly unrelated.

Object Cache: The super user account utilized by the cache is not configured. This can increase the number of cache misses, which causes the page requests to consume unneccesary system resources.
     To configure the account use the following command 'stsadm -o setproperty -propertyname portalsuperuseraccount -propertyvalue account -url webappurl'. The account should be any account that has Full Control access to the SharePoint databases but is not an application pool account.
     Additional Data:
     Current default super user account: SHAREPOINT\system

Load control template file /_controltemplates/TaxonomyPicker.ascx failed: Could not load type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.TaxonomyPicker' from assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'.

Standard Information:PSI Entry Point:
    Project User: username

Correlation Id: 93f2b9d1-bbe9-48a3-867f-02b2b0aeaeb1
    PWA Site URL: http://servername/site

SSP Name: Project Server Service Application
    PSError: NoError (0)
    RDS: Problem transferring SharePoint data to the Project Server. Unable to prepare the incremental transfer data for the SharePoint list  '1101' associated with the project '89eb5b48-8d28-48d9-84df-c0020f01fac6'. Error: Cannot apply an incremental transfer. SP list change of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SPChangeList' was detected. Only SP list changes of type SPChangeItem are handled .  Full transfer will be used.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 5:03 PM