none
The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll in WinXP 32 bit. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently re-installed WinXP, on a computer that had WinXP on it already. I am not a developer. Before re-installing the application worked fine. After, well I get this error after running this particular application. I used all of the same drivers as before when fixing video card, audio, and network driver errors. I don't know what I've done differently from any other time I've installed WinXP.
    • Moved by Shu 2017 Monday, January 12, 2015 6:16 AM no C++ development issue
    Sunday, January 11, 2015 3:02 AM

All replies

• This has nothing to do with Visual C++. The software reporting this error requires Vista or higher and does not support XP by design. If you have further questions regarding the software you should ask the software's author.

Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, January 11, 2015 4:18 AM
  • If that was the case, why has it always worked before on the WinXP that I just overwritten? Also, I though the GetTickCount functions were associated with Visual Studio but I wasn't sure which language section to post it in (sorry 'bout that).
    Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:23 AM
  • I have Win7 installed on another partition. The thing I don't understand is why it worked on WinXP before but not now. It's the same, it was XP before, it's XP now.

Thanks anyways.

Sunday, January 11, 2015 7:37 PM
  • You have to ask the author. We don't know why the app did not use the function before and use the function now. An app is just a brand name while the underline code can change dramatically in each update.

Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:25 PM
  • >The thing I don't understand is why it worked on WinXP before but not now. It's the same, it was XP before, it's XP now.

But as Pavel A tried to point out, were you using a different
    (earlier) version of the application before?

Dave

Sunday, January 11, 2015 11:42 PM