While printing and envelope and selecting an address from Outlook contacts, Word restarts on its own. RRS feed

• Question

• While in Word 2007 and 2010, whenver I try to print an envelope, I access the contacts file in Outlook for an address.  The address never returns and Word stops responding and eventually restarts on its own.  It was doing it quite frequently in Word 2007 until I downloaded Word 2007 updates -- now less frequent.  But it does it every time in Word 2010.  Can anyone help?

Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We cannot reproduce the same issue.

Are there multiple Office installations on you computer?

You could use the following tool to inventory all Microsoft Office installations on the machine:

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/68b80aba-130d-4ad4-aa45-832b1ee49602

Try repairing Office 2010 programs and recreating the Contacts folder. If it doesn't work, please disable all the add-ins in both Word and Outlook. And try creating a new Outlook profile to see if it can be helpful.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 7, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Rex, I had the same problem with Ver 2007 most of the time, but not all of the time.  Since then, I have had a crash and reinstalled everything except for Microsoft Office 2007.  I installed a brand new Office 2010 and am having this problem every time I try to access a contact in Outlook to print the address on an envelope in Word 2010.
    Friday, September 7, 2012 1:29 PM
  • Did you get any solution for this?
    Monday, September 10, 2012 9:19 AM