IE 9 will not refresh after sleep mode RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a Pavillion m9500y desktop running a fresh install of win 7 home premium 64 bit. When I wake the computer from sleep IE 9 (same thing with IE10) opens to home page correctly. However, opening favorites and selecting a link causes the address bar to show the page loading but the screen does not "refresh" until I click on the up/down scroll bar on the right of the screen. The drop down of favorites stays in place until this step as well. When I click the scroll bar it immediately shows the correct page. Some things to consider; cannot navigate to google.com or bing.com using the same procedure - these are the only two that I know of that will not show, Google Chrome works correctly, there is another win7 machine on same network that works correctly, IE 8 works correctly as it was the browser that came with the win 7 disc I have and as soon as I allowed the ms update to ie9 it fails, going back to ie8 and it works again, going to ie9 and then ie10 does not solve problem. I have tried the 64bit and the 32bit with the same results. Have tried with no addons with the same results. I have the latest versions of flash and java installed. I have very carefully installed the win 7 version drivers from hp for this box and have upgraded the network card drivers outside of hp to see if that helped. There are no installations of any software other than what was on the win 7 installation disc. Back history is that this was happening on this box and I finally formatted the hdd and did a complete clean install of win7 to try and fix but no joy. Thanks for any advice in advance.
    • Changed type tracycai Friday, July 19, 2013 12:54 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to the description, this issue is related to IE. I suggest to ask the question on IE forum for further help.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 19, 2013 12:54 PM