none
2 Computers have same IP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Dears,

I was checking PC1 ip configuration then i found that PC has the same IP with PC2 192.x.x.25. In DHCP PC2 has the IP 192.x.x25, but in DNS PC1 has 192.x.x.25. I did nslookup and the result was PC1 has 192.x.x.25 ( same in DNS), and PC2 has 192.x.x.23. And PC3 in DHCP has 192.x.x.23 now ( incorrect record as well ). Lease expiration 8/10/2016 for all record in DHCP.

scavenging is already enabled. I think a lot of DHCP records are not correct which causing issues with sccm right now.

NOTE: All our clients OS are deployed by image ( has virtual network adapter). All clients get IPs automatically. How should update\ remove stale records in DHCP.

I did found some records in DNS have the same issues ( 2 PCs having same IP ),  i did scavenging stale resources records by right click on DNS server but still the same.

Best Regards,

• Edited by IICO2022 Monday, August 8, 2016 10:38 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2016 10:17 AM

Answers

• Yes i already configured it.

I finally found the solution, i did configure scavenging on DNS server as well as zone and it works.

From advanced tap then i enabled: enable automatic scavenging of stale records.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by IICO2022 Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:46 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Dns,

Have you configured DHCP dynamically registered DNS records?

What is the time you configured on Scavenge stale resource records?

Sum of No-refresh interval time and refresh interval time should be less than DHCP lease time.

Here is link below for your reference:

Don’t be afraid of DNS Scavenging

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/networking/2008/03/19/dont-be-afraid-of-dns-scavenging-just-be-patient/

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:54 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by John Lii Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:05 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:57 AM
  • Yes i already configured it.

I finally found the solution, i did configure scavenging on DNS server as well as zone and it works.

From advanced tap then i enabled: enable automatic scavenging of stale records.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by IICO2022 Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:46 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:45 AM
  • Hi Dns,

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the resolution!

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:04 AM