none
Delete Recovery Partition in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want convert Disk from MBR to GPT with MBR2GPT in windwos 10.

But I can only have 3 primary partition and now I have four primary partion in Disk0.

What is Recovery Partion and Can I delete one of these? How?

Thanks

• Edited by Arash_89 Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:25 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:20 PM

All replies

• Recovery partitions are usually there to allow you to reinstall Windows 10. You should only have one of them, so you can clear out one at your leisure. Note, though, that the different partitions may represent different versions of Windows 10. It's hard to tell which one is which, though. Personally, I would delete both, convert the drive, then create a new one. https://www.anyrecover.com/deleted-files-recovery-data/create-recovery-partition-windows-10/ covers how to do that.
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:00 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, 

But these recovery drive are just 500MB. How we can recovery Windows with 500MB? and now 100% of space is free!

Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:08 PM
  • Recovery partitions are usually there to allow you to reinstall Windows 10. You should only have one of them, so you can clear out one at your leisure. Note, though, that the different partitions may represent different versions of Windows 10. It's hard to tell which one is which, though. Personally, I would delete both, convert the drive, then create a new one. https://www.anyrecover.com/deleted-files-recovery-data/create-recovery-partition-windows-10/ covers how to do that.

I deleted those recovery partition and I did MBR2GPT command. But now I cannot create a recovery drive. 

Friday, August 23, 2019 12:10 AM
  • Try this for Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive. Some required files are missing error message:

Open command prompt in elevated mode and type:

reagentc /disable (press enter)

then type:

reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE (press enter)

Then type:

reagentc /enable (press enter)

You may need to change "harddisk0" to "harddiskX" where X is the number of your "C" drive and "partition1" to partitionX where X is the partition number to conform with your system setup. To check go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Storage/Diskmanagment.  The disk partitions are numbered from the left of the screen starting with number 1.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:53 AM
  • Try run or cmd,type: diskmgmt.msc in msc,R.click on a partition/properties/chk its data.Sure you can delete a unwanted partition,but before you do so,see if its in use & active.Date settings on the volume would get results...
    Friday, August 23, 2019 2:11 AM

• Recovery partition size can't be 500 MB.

Create a fresh Recovery Drive.

Microsoft Reference is given below:

Create a recovery drive

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, August 23, 2019 2:37 AM