WinXP clients with Office 2007 won't communicate with WebDAV server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a knotty problem:

Three PCs in my office all run Windows XP (with all updates, AFAICT), and Office 2007 (again, fully up to date) and will not connect to a WebDAV "filestore". 

The store is served over https on port 443 (with a self-issued cert, which is installed on the PCs). 

Users log in using Basic auth (but this is OK*, since the whole connection is secure).

All three PCs can access the non-WebDAV part of the server (they can access the securely served staff site, served by the same Apache server), but they refuse to connect to the WebDAV service (previously, this worked).

The error message I get is:

---------------------------
    Error
    ---------------------------
    Documents in this folder are not available.  The folder may have been moved or deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection to the server.

However, looking at the server logs, when they display this message, the PCs aren't even attempting to connect to the server!

A fourth PC is ostensibly the same (XP + Office 2007).  This machine will connect and interact properly with the WebDAV server.  (Also, I have 2 XP + Office 2000(!) PCs which are OK, an XP [no Office at all] which is OK, and an anecdotal report of a Vista + Office 2007 PC which is OK).

I have tried KB907306 on one of the three without success.

So:

what differences (between the three baddies and the fourth, working** PC) should I be looking for?

Files?

Registry settings?

Other?

cheers,

Mark..

* I'm aware that Basic auth is regarded as eeeeevil, and I'm rolling out Digest auth RSN - but what use for these renegades which won't even attempt connection?

** Synonymous with Not Yet Broken...

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, May 13, 2011 7:59 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3))
    Friday, May 13, 2011 3:48 PM

Answers

• Good morning Mark,

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like during the process of the patching there have been some error in the registration of the WebFolders updates. First let me say that there is a significant set of command lines that should be run on your system where the Restore Points are not available. These will be a "Fix It" article in the future but we are still in process on that. For now I have broken these down into 3 batch file segments. It is advised that you have the installation source of your Office installation available in case the cache has been removed. Please run the MSDAIPP_Removal.bat, MSDAIPP_Removal.reg and finally MSDAIPP_Repair.bat in this order and then test to see if your issue is resolved. Be sure to be logged in as a user with Administrative privileges for these actions. Please let me know.

Regards,
    Chris Nicholas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Place the information between the asterisk lines into Notepad and save as the Filename listed at the beginning of the section.

MSDAIPP_Removal.BAT

*******************************************************************************************************************************

REM Removing MSDAIPP (Rosebud) files

REM If not reinstalling MSDAIPP then first run:

REM MSIEXEC /x {90120000-0010-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /q

REM MSIEXEC /x {90140000-0010-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /q

del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSDAIPP\OFFLINE" /f /q

del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\MSDAIPP\OFFLINE" /f /q

SET ROSEBUDBASE=%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%

IF "%ROSEBUDBASE%"=="" SET ROSEBUDBASE=%CommonProgramFiles%

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\System\OLE DB\MSDAIPP.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\System\OLE DB\MSDAPML.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\MSONSEXT.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\1033\NSEXTINT.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\40\bin\FP4AWEC.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\40\bin\FP4AUTL.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\40\bin\1033\FPEXT.MSG" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Rosebud.en-us\RosebudMUI.XML" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Rosebud.en-us\SETUP.XML" /f /q

REM WebFldrsXP files

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\MSOWS409.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\PUBPLACE.HTT" /f /q

REM Clear Web Server Extension cache

del "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" /f /q

del "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" /f /q

REM Run the MSDAIPP_Removal.reg file

***********************************************************************************************************************************

MSDAIPP_Removal.REG

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Rosebud

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{11480D94-C3A5-11D3-BA7C-00C04F7948B3}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{AF320921-9381-11D1-9C3C-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D9D5678A-76CE-4804-AAFC-1DA2502DB0BC}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E1D2BF40-A96B-11D1-9C6B-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E1D2BF42-A96B-11D1-9C6B-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A00-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A01-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A0E-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A0F-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A11-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A13-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.BINDER]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.BINDER.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.DSO]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.DSO.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.WEBFOLDERFORMS]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.WEBFOLDERFORMS.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAMAGG.Binder]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAMAGG.Binder.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAMON.BINDER]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAMON.BINDER.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\http\0x00000001]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\http\oledb]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\https\0x00000001]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\https\oledb]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\msdaipp\0x00000001]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\msdaipp\oledb]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Publishing Folder]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MasterAggregatorForIPP]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{ED222A11-E1C6-11D0-B1E1-00AA006DCDF4}\1.0]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TYPELIB\{F6FD0A0C-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}\2.0]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpFile]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpFile.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpFolder]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpFolder.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpMetaInfo]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpMetaInfo.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpStructureElement]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpStructureElement.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpStructureModification]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpStructureModification.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.WebExtenderClient]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.WebExtenderClient.1]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{73fa19d0-2d75-11d2-995d-00c04f98bbc9}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataAccess\RootBinder\http]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataAccess\RootBinder\https]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Thickets]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\WebFolders]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

"{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached]

; WebFldrsXP

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{BDEADF04-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\HANDLER\IPP\0X00000001]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\DATAACCESS\ROOTBINDER\MSDAIPP]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSDAIPP\PROVIDERS\{9FECD570-B9D4-11D1-9C78-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSDAIPP\PROVIDERS\{9FECD571-B9D4-11D1-9C78-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\SHELL EXTENSIONS\APPROVED\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\SHELL EXTENSIONS\BLOCKED\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\SHELL EXTENSIONS\CACHED\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

; Extra

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSDAIPP]

; WecCtlFlags

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\Web Extender Client]

"WecCtlFlags"=-

******************************************************************************************************************************************

MSDAIPP_Repair.BAT

******************************************************************************************************************************************

REM Remove any bogus keys that may reside under here; self-reg will add it back

REG DELETE HKCR\Software\Microsoft\MasterAggregatorForIPP\OleDbHandlers /f

REM (Repair WebFldrs XP)

MSIEXEC /fmoc {350C97B0-3D7C-4EE8-BAA9-00BCB3D54227} /q

REM (Repair Office 2007 Web Folders update - Microsoft Software Update for Web Folders [English] 12)

MSIEXEC /fmoc {90120000-0010-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /q

REM (Repair Office 2010 Web Folders update - Microsoft Software Update for Web Folders [English] 14)

MSIEXEC /fmoc {90140000-0010-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /q

REM Go into the web server extensions cache and delete everything.

REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REM WinXP/Server2003: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

IF EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" DEL "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" /f /q

REM Vista/Server2008: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

IF EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" DEL "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" /f /q

REM Manually register the OLEDB files that are used with Web folders (silently):

REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll" /s

RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\System\Ole DB\msdaurl.dll" /s

RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\System\Ole DB\msdaipp.dll" /s

REM Manually register the URLMON file (silently):

RegSvr32 "%windir%\System32\urlmon.dll" /s

REM Manually register the HLINK file (silently):

RegSvr32 "%windir%\System32\hlink.dll" /s

REM 64-bit

REM ---------

REM Manually register the OLEDB files that are used with Web folders (silently):

IF EXIST "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\System\Ole DB\oledb32r.dll" RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\System\Ole DB\oledb32r.dll" /s

IF EXIST "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\System\Ole DB\msdaurl.dll" RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\System\Ole DB\msdaurl.dll" /s

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

• Marked as answer by Mark 255 Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:09 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:08 PM

All replies

• Mark,

Let me make sure that I am understanding your issue. Your user is selecting a file link from a HTTPS site that is using Basic Authentication which is then to be opened in the Client application. You are expecting an interactive session to allow the user logged in (provided they have appropriate permissions) to be able to save the file back to the web server after an edit of the file.

If this is accurate you will need to take a network trace using a tool called Fiddler to see if there is an issue with the processing of the OPTIONS verb on the server. This is the first Verb that Office uses to determine what actions are capable of being used on the server.

It would be best also for you to turn off the Web Client service on Windows XP units connecting to HTTPS sites as the service itself has a limitation and cannot connect to HTTPS locations in Windows XP. This of course has been corrected in Vista and above. I don't believe your issue is related to the Web Client service but this could be a factor.

One additional item that I am assuming on this is that you are getting a prompt for credentials within the Office Client that your users are completing to have the file open. If any of my assumptions are incorrect please let me know and I will alter the answers accordingly.

I also recommend with the addition of the 907306 fix you should have Office 2007 SP2 with the December Cumulative Update installed as well.

Regards,
    Chris Nicholas

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:31 PM
  •  

Chris,

thanks for your reply.

Let me make sure that I am understanding your issue. Your user is selecting a file link from a HTTPS site that is using Basic Authentication which is then to be opened in the Client application. You are expecting an interactive session to allow the user logged in (provided they have appropriate permissions) to be able to save the file back to the web server after an edit of the file.

No, the problem occurs earlier in the sequence; the user is attempting to open a folder displaying the WebDAV store's contents (using a link in "My Network Places").  They expect a user/pass prompt, but receive the error as noted above.  No request from the PC appears at the WebDAV server.

If this is accurate you will need to take a network trace using a tool called Fiddler to see if there is an issue with the processing of the OPTIONS verb on the server. This is the first Verb that Office uses to determine what actions are capable of being used on the server.

It would be best also for you to turn off the Web Client service on Windows XP units connecting to HTTPS sites as the service itself has a limitation and cannot connect to HTTPS locations in Windows XP. This of course has been corrected in Vista and above. I don't believe your issue is related to the Web Client service but this could be a factor.

Hmm, this works for me (on several separate XP clients, with the WebClient service running, as noted above).

One additional item that I am assuming on this is that you are getting a prompt for credentials within the Office Client that your users are completing to have the file open. If any of my assumptions are incorrect please let me know and I will alter the answers accordingly.

No, they don't get this far.

I also recommend with the addition of the 907306 fix you should have Office 2007 SP2 with the December Cumulative Update installed as well.

Thanks for these pointers (and for the hint about the Fiddler tool).  I'll see if they work.

For the search engines: One of my users has found that reverting his system to a restore point before this functionality disappeared fixed everything, even after reapplying updates since then.  Another user doesn't have any RPs, so I'll have to get forensic with file versions when I can pry the PC from his grasp...

regards,

Mark.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:27 AM
  • Good morning Mark,

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like during the process of the patching there have been some error in the registration of the WebFolders updates. First let me say that there is a significant set of command lines that should be run on your system where the Restore Points are not available. These will be a "Fix It" article in the future but we are still in process on that. For now I have broken these down into 3 batch file segments. It is advised that you have the installation source of your Office installation available in case the cache has been removed. Please run the MSDAIPP_Removal.bat, MSDAIPP_Removal.reg and finally MSDAIPP_Repair.bat in this order and then test to see if your issue is resolved. Be sure to be logged in as a user with Administrative privileges for these actions. Please let me know.

Regards,
    Chris Nicholas

Place the information between the asterisk lines into Notepad and save as the Filename listed at the beginning of the section.

MSDAIPP_Removal.BAT

*******************************************************************************************************************************

REM Removing MSDAIPP (Rosebud) files

REM If not reinstalling MSDAIPP then first run:

REM MSIEXEC /x {90120000-0010-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /q

REM MSIEXEC /x {90140000-0010-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /q

del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSDAIPP\OFFLINE" /f /q

del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\MSDAIPP\OFFLINE" /f /q

SET ROSEBUDBASE=%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%

IF "%ROSEBUDBASE%"=="" SET ROSEBUDBASE=%CommonProgramFiles%

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\System\OLE DB\MSDAIPP.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\System\OLE DB\MSDAPML.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\MSONSEXT.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\1033\NSEXTINT.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\40\bin\FP4AWEC.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\40\bin\FP4AUTL.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\40\bin\1033\FPEXT.MSG" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Rosebud.en-us\RosebudMUI.XML" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Rosebud.en-us\SETUP.XML" /f /q

REM WebFldrsXP files

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\MSOWS409.DLL" /f /q

del "%ROSEBUDBASE%\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\PUBPLACE.HTT" /f /q

REM Clear Web Server Extension cache

del "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" /f /q

del "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" /f /q

REM Run the MSDAIPP_Removal.reg file

***********************************************************************************************************************************

MSDAIPP_Removal.REG

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Rosebud

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{11480D94-C3A5-11D3-BA7C-00C04F7948B3}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{AF320921-9381-11D1-9C3C-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D9D5678A-76CE-4804-AAFC-1DA2502DB0BC}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E1D2BF40-A96B-11D1-9C6B-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E1D2BF42-A96B-11D1-9C6B-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A00-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A01-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A0E-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A0F-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A11-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F6FD0A13-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.BINDER]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.BINDER.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.DSO]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.DSO.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.WEBFOLDERFORMS]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAIPP.WEBFOLDERFORMS.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAMAGG.Binder]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAMAGG.Binder.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAMON.BINDER]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSDAMON.BINDER.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\http\0x00000001]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\http\oledb]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\https\0x00000001]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\https\oledb]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\msdaipp\0x00000001]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler\msdaipp\oledb]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Publishing Folder]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MasterAggregatorForIPP]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{ED222A11-E1C6-11D0-B1E1-00AA006DCDF4}\1.0]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TYPELIB\{F6FD0A0C-43F0-11D1-BE58-00A0C90A4335}\2.0]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpFile]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpFile.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpFolder]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpFolder.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpMetaInfo]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpMetaInfo.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpStructureElement]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpStructureElement.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpStructureModification]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.FpStructureModification.1]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.WebExtenderClient]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WECAPI2.WebExtenderClient.1]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{73fa19d0-2d75-11d2-995d-00c04f98bbc9}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataAccess\RootBinder\http]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataAccess\RootBinder\https]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Thickets]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\WebFolders]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached]

; WebFldrsXP

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{BDEADF04-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\HANDLER\IPP\0X00000001]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\DATAACCESS\ROOTBINDER\MSDAIPP]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSDAIPP\PROVIDERS\{9FECD570-B9D4-11D1-9C78-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSDAIPP\PROVIDERS\{9FECD571-B9D4-11D1-9C78-0000F875AC61}]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\SHELL EXTENSIONS\APPROVED\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\SHELL EXTENSIONS\BLOCKED\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\SHELL EXTENSIONS\CACHED\{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}]

; Extra

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSDAIPP]

; WecCtlFlags

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\Web Extender Client]

"WecCtlFlags"=-

MSDAIPP_Repair.BAT

REM Remove any bogus keys that may reside under here; self-reg will add it back

REG DELETE HKCR\Software\Microsoft\MasterAggregatorForIPP\OleDbHandlers /f

REM (Repair WebFldrs XP)

MSIEXEC /fmoc {350C97B0-3D7C-4EE8-BAA9-00BCB3D54227} /q

REM (Repair Office 2007 Web Folders update - Microsoft Software Update for Web Folders [English] 12)

MSIEXEC /fmoc {90120000-0010-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /q

REM (Repair Office 2010 Web Folders update - Microsoft Software Update for Web Folders [English] 14)

MSIEXEC /fmoc {90140000-0010-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /q

REM Go into the web server extensions cache and delete everything.

REM WinXP/Server2003: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

IF EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" DEL "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" /f /q

REM Vista/Server2008: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

IF EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" DEL "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache" /f /q

RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll" /s

RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\System\Ole DB\msdaurl.dll" /s

RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\System\Ole DB\msdaipp.dll" /s

REM Manually register the URLMON file (silently):

RegSvr32 "%windir%\System32\urlmon.dll" /s

REM Manually register the HLINK file (silently):

RegSvr32 "%windir%\System32\hlink.dll" /s

REM 64-bit

REM ---------

IF EXIST "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\System\Ole DB\oledb32r.dll" RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\System\Ole DB\oledb32r.dll" /s

IF EXIST "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\System\Ole DB\msdaurl.dll" RegSvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\System\Ole DB\msdaurl.dll" /s

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

• Marked as answer by Mark 255 Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:09 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:08 PM
  • Chris,

many thanks.

I've just tried this on one of the two remaining broken PCs, and it successfully fixed the problem.  I'll be able to apply the fixes to the final PC in a few days' time, but I'm declaring this answered now.

cheers,

Mark.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:15 AM