none
Get autoreply message every time you send e-mail to a certain e-mail address

Question

• Dear all.

I have an e-mail address called: autoreply@contoso.com and I need it to send an autoreply message evertime when someone sends any e-mails to it even if the same person sends e-mails a few times to autoreply@contoso.com . I know that by default once you're received the autoreply message you won't get the second one. Is it possible to chance that setting?

Thank you in advance guys

• Edited by Santarem01 Friday, October 9, 2015 5:32 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

Autoreply for every message will lead it to mail storms so i would not recommend it .

Question : I know that by default once you're received the autoreply message you won't get the second one. Is it possible to chance that setting?

Above mentioned behaviour is the function of automatic reply i.e OOF in exchange .But you can achieve your scenario with the help of auto reply rules in exchange mailbox for every messages.At the same time i would not recommend it as i said earlier these will lead it to mail storms in exchange environment .

Reference Link :

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/monitoring-operations/preventing-autoreply-storms-part1.html

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Thursday, October 8, 2015 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

Walk through the hub transport rules and you can see one that replies with a rejection code. All users send message to certain user mailbox will get the reject message.

That's the best you can get with a hub transport rule, but I would not recommend in your scenario. You would search around for 3rd party solutions.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hello

create rule from outlook

sorry my english

Thursday, October 8, 2015 3:15 PM
  • Hi ,

Autoreply for every message will lead it to mail storms so i would not recommend it .

Question : I know that by default once you're received the autoreply message you won't get the second one. Is it possible to chance that setting?

Above mentioned behaviour is the function of automatic reply i.e OOF in exchange .But you can achieve your scenario with the help of auto reply rules in exchange mailbox for every messages.At the same time i would not recommend it as i said earlier these will lead it to mail storms in exchange environment .

Reference Link :

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/monitoring-operations/preventing-autoreply-storms-part1.html

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Thursday, October 8, 2015 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

THank you for your reply. I get your point. Maybe it is possible to enable autoreply by timeout

For example: if someone just sent e-mail and got an autoreply can he get another autoreply message if he sends the email in 1-2 hours after the 1st one.

Friday, October 9, 2015 5:22 AM
  • Hi,

Walk through the hub transport rules and you can see one that replies with a rejection code. All users send message to certain user mailbox will get the reject message.

That's the best you can get with a hub transport rule, but I would not recommend in your scenario. You would search around for 3rd party solutions.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:49 AM