After sleep computer does not recognize Drive C RRS feed

• Question

• Due to a hardware problem Dell replaced the MLB and returned the computer to me.  I kept the hard drive and reinserted it after I received the computer back from Dell. Everything seems to work okay except that when the computer goes to "sleep" and then I return it to awake it does not recognize Drive "C".  I checked the drivers and they are current, and the Power Option setting are okay (default).  Sleep worked just fine before the computer was repaired. What should I do to restore the sleep mode to proper operation?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Dell Studio 1557 laptop. 

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:41 PM

Answers

• The problem is solved and I am not totlly sure why.  I performed a memory test which was fine.  I then decided to run the system repair disk which Dell and Microsoft recommend.  No repair selection was made since my system backup was not current.  I did that.  And left the computer for a few minutes.  It went to SLEEP and I brought it out and it came out fine.....no BSOD or other errors.  I have restarted the computer and put it to sleep several times and it seems to work just fine.  So I guess there is no problem any longer.
    • Marked as answer by rfeichel Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:58 PM
    • Edited by rfeichel Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:00 PM
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:57 PM

All replies

• The issue should be caused by the device drivers. Please contact Dell support again to resolve this issue.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 3:02 AM
  • The drivers have been checked and they are current.  They were updated after I received the computer back and in response to this problem
    Friday, January 6, 2012 2:09 AM
  • I suppose that is a good solution.
    Friday, January 13, 2012 1:11 AM
  • The problem is solved and I am not totlly sure why.  I performed a memory test which was fine.  I then decided to run the system repair disk which Dell and Microsoft recommend.  No repair selection was made since my system backup was not current.  I did that.  And left the computer for a few minutes.  It went to SLEEP and I brought it out and it came out fine.....no BSOD or other errors.  I have restarted the computer and put it to sleep several times and it seems to work just fine.  So I guess there is no problem any longer.
    • Marked as answer by rfeichel Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:58 PM
    • Edited by rfeichel Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:00 PM
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:57 PM