I'm having this strange issue 

i have a no connection sign on my network icon

and everything is working fine 

if anyone can advice

thanks

Erez 

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:01 PM

Answers

• The no connection sign, is that the one with red circle with a x?

If you try the network trouble shooter (search start for trouble, open Troubleshooting), search start for network (to right) try Internet Connections and Network Adapter, do they find any issues or find anything to fix?

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:57 PM
  • How many network connections show? any rouge or unexpected ones? Right click the network icon select "Network and Sharing Centre". Select "Change adapter settings". What shows? Anything disconnected? More than one? any you disconnected could be right click and disabled as a test.

Other than that try resetting the networking components and rebooting. Right click start open Command Prompt (Admin). Enter (can copy and paste) the following commands;

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

Restart does the PC.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 3:24 PM

All replies

• The no connection sign, is that the one with red circle with a x?

If you try the network trouble shooter (search start for trouble, open Troubleshooting), search start for network (to right) try Internet Connections and Network Adapter, do they find any issues or find anything to fix?

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:57 PM
  • Hi Erez Prag,

Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Application, System and Applications and Services\Microsoft\Windows\Wired-Autoconfig or Wireless-Autoconfig)?

For the network issue, we could refer to the following link to have a troubleshoot.

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 6:36 AM
  • no nothing is found by 

the troubleshooter and i don't have any 

connection troubles just the red circle with the x on it

i have internet connectivity   

Friday, January 22, 2016 3:32 PM
  • How many network connections show? any rouge or unexpected ones? Right click the network icon select "Network and Sharing Centre". Select "Change adapter settings". What shows? Anything disconnected? More than one? any you disconnected could be right click and disabled as a test.

Other than that try resetting the networking components and rebooting. Right click start open Command Prompt (Admin). Enter (can copy and paste) the following commands;

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

Restart does the PC.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

If the issue has been resolved by yourself, it would be much appreciated if you would share the troubleshoot experience here and mark the case. It would be much useful for the person who will come across the similar issue in the future.

If the issue was resolved by the replies in this thread, please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 29, 2016 9:52 AM