Removing task in outlook doesn't sync in Microsoft Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• We are using MS Project Server 2007 at our company. My Issue: If I create an event etc. in the calendar (through Outlook client) it will sync fine to the Sharepoint, but when I delete it again this does not sync to the Sharepoint but gets removed off our view on the Outlook client. But if I removed an event on MS Sharepoint it will be moved in the Outlook calendar also.

With kind regard

• Moved by Andrei Talmaciu Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:21 PM Moving to English forum (From:Für IT-Professionals: SharePoint)
    Friday, February 11, 2011 2:45 PM

Answers

• I believe this is as designed. However, this is a SharePoint question and has nothing to do with Project Server as the calendars lists are not specifically customized for Project Server.
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:49 PM
  • Hi, and when you add more detail to the post could you please also use the termonology that Project Server uses. I am not sure what you mean with "event" and sync to SharePoint, do  you mean to MyTask within project server? That will allow us to give you better assistance and faster :)

Thanks

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Friday, February 18, 2011 11:17 PM

All replies

• Can you explain what you're doing in more depth? I see that your post got bumped by the SharePoing guys, which is their standard knee-jerk reaction when they see "Project Server anywhere in the text. I'm trying to figure out if this is a PS question or a SP question.
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, February 18, 2011 9:52 PM
  • Hi, and when you add more detail to the post could you please also use the termonology that Project Server uses. I am not sure what you mean with "event" and sync to SharePoint, do  you mean to MyTask within project server? That will allow us to give you better assistance and faster :)

Thanks

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Friday, February 18, 2011 11:17 PM
  • Hi Gary and Marc,

fistly thank you both for the reply.

@ Gary: I am new employee at a Project Management Office and one of my tasks is MOPS administrator. By the way we are using your books. I am sorry but I don't know if it is a PS or SP question. Actually I would say it is both. What do you say???

Issue:

If you are at the project workspace in MOPS 2007, you can add a calendar for this project workspace and you can connect this calendar to outlook above calendar buttom "Actions"). And in case of we add or remove an event or meeting in the calendar in the project workspace it will also change the shared project calendar in outlook. But if we remove an event or meeting in the project calendar in outlook it is not going to remove (synchronize) the event in the calendar in the project workspace. It is a strange behaviour, istn't it?

I hope this explanation is more in detail even if I couldn't use the special MOPS language :)))

Kind regards

Monday, February 21, 2011 1:47 PM
  • I believe this is as designed. However, this is a SharePoint question and has nothing to do with Project Server as the calendars lists are not specifically customized for Project Server.
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:49 PM