none
IE tile button. RRS feed

• Question

• is there a way this IE tile button to open new window of IE instead of change to existing IE window.

I have already changed the setting to open IE tile to destop.  but what annoys me is that if i click the tile, it just goes to existing IE. i can just simply do that with ATL TAB (TAP? sorry my english is second language) which makes this tile very pointless to me.

help :D

Monday, May 25, 2015 10:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Now I think I know what you want to say to me. When you Click IE Log in Start Menu, in your eyes, it should open a new tab or IE Windows, but actually, it just jump to the IE on Desktop. Isn't it?

However, this is design by default, we couldn't make any change to this.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by japtic Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:05 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:22 AM
  • is there a way this IE tile button to open new window of IE

Instead of using the tile you could use standard Desktop procedures to do what you want.  E.g. press Shift- when clicking on a shortcut or Taskbar icon.   I think Middleclick there may do it too, depending on your Tab Settings.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Edit:  it even works with  Shift-Win-2  (my Taskbar position for Desktop IE.)  Who knew?  Thanks for making me find this.
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:44 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

You meant Modern UI IE would be open when click its shortcut in Start Menu, but you want it to open Desktop IE, isn't it?

If you want to use the Modern UI IE, you need to make IE settings to Let Internet Explorer decide.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:39 AM
  • nono.?

i dont know what Modern UI IE is but i dont think that is what i want... but let internet explorer decide does not help.

i use windows 8.1.  if u click "start" there is IE shortcut (tile) and when i click that button it should be opening brand new IE windows but instead it will just take me to existing IE and it would not open new tab or windows.  like i said it is just changing windows like clicking alt + tab.

sorry i suck at explainging things, especially English as my second language.

edit: found out what Modern UI IE is. no that is not what is happening. Modern UI IE  is not popping out. since i disabled that thing.  and i personally does not like Modern UI IE much.
    • Edited by japtic Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:40 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:37 PM
  • Hi,

Now I think I know what you want to say to me. When you Click IE Log in Start Menu, in your eyes, it should open a new tab or IE Windows, but actually, it just jump to the IE on Desktop. Isn't it?

However, this is design by default, we couldn't make any change to this.

• Marked as answer by japtic Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:05 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:22 AM
  • ok thnx for your help :)
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:05 AM
  • is there a way this IE tile button to open new window of IE

Instead of using the tile you could use standard Desktop procedures to do what you want.  E.g. press Shift- when clicking on a shortcut or Taskbar icon.   I think Middleclick there may do it too, depending on your Tab Settings.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Edit:  it even works with  Shift-Win-2  (my Taskbar position for Desktop IE.)  Who knew?  Thanks for making me find this.
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:44 PM
    Answerer
  • i wish i could do that but no sorry.

that is not going to help much. especially when i am playing games

Thursday, June 11, 2015 8:23 AM