none
DirectAccess and IE - no internet :( RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After DirectAccess has been implemented only one thing does not work - internet access from IE with proxy when a user is connected to DA. DA uses force tunneling. Local resources work just fine; internet access works fine from other browsers when proxy is manually configured there (I am not using .pac). DA server is W2K12. Obviously IE is bypassing proxy settings.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

J.S.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have similar issue, server Windows 2012, clients Windows 7, Firefox works fine with intranet and Internet pages (via proxy) but Internet pages from IE does not work. Force tunnelling is enabled. Already verified with proxy and proxy.pac configured manualy and with GPO. Windows 7 and Windows 8 IE8 and IE10 in any configuration Internet pages does not work.

• Edited by steacz Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:07 PM spell
    Sunday, August 4, 2013 6:53 PM
  • Solution for IE and Internet pages (via proxy) was modyfying the Client GPO issued by the Direct Access server.

For "Any Suffix",  Namespace ".", you should add intranet proxy name [Direct Access (Web Proxy)] eg. proxy.corp.org:8080

Additionally in DA configuration wizard I added "name suffix" with domain name eg. corp.org with "DNS Server Address" ("inside" DA server interface), since all queries (like intranet pages) ware route to proxy server.
    • Edited by steacz Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:06 PM spel
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

once you have configured force tunneling the Server 2012 needs to know which proxy should be used to reach internet ressources. The proxy can be set through the following PowerShell cmdlet:

Set-DAClientDNSConfiguration –DNSSuffix ‘.’ –ProxyServer <Name of the proxy server:port>

Through this cmdlet the GPO is automatically updated by the Server.

Please refere also to the following article under "configure force tunneling": http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/jj134204.aspx

Regeards

Sebastian

Friday, August 9, 2013 9:58 AM