none
No laziness AT ALL on the edge between PQ and model in PBID RRS feed

• Question

• So, I tested a lot of situations, and it's clear for me that M is not lazy AT ALL on the edge between PQ and model in PBID.

At ANY place where I could encounter cycling if M wouldn't be lazy, PBID crashes silently. So M on the edge is just like VBA. Even if you have if false then #"do something", PBID crashes in case if #"do something" does something unpleasant for PBID.

That's an error for sure. Excel doesn't work like that, you don't have any documentation regarding that or please could you give some clue where I can read such a statement.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Andrey. This is due to a bug (which you reported earlier) in the modeling/loading layer when traversing the steps of an M query. I've filed it, and if all goes according to plan a fix should be included in a future release.

Ehren

Monday, August 5, 2019 11:54 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Andrey. This is due to a bug (which you reported earlier) in the modeling/loading layer when traversing the steps of an M query. I've filed it, and if all goes according to plan a fix should be included in a future release.

Ehren

Monday, August 5, 2019 11:54 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ehren! Thanks for the reply, I suspected that, but had to be sure.
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 11:59 AM