none
Sysprep and Capture Failure RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to capture a new image from a reference desktop computer, but I always get a failure.
    Here are the details : 

ZTI ERROR - unhandled error returned by LTlApply: Argument ou appel de procédure incorrect (5)

Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code -2147467259 0x80004005

Execution engine result code: Reboot (2)

RegQueryValueExW is unsuccessful for SoftwareXMicrosoftXSMSXTask Sequence, SMSTSEndProgram

GetTsRegValue0 is unsuccessful. 0x80070002.

Failed to run the action: Apply Windows PE.

Access is denied. (Error: 00000005,' Source: Windows)

The execution of the group (Capture Image) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.

Operation aborted (Error: 80004004,' Source: Windows)

Failed to run the last action: Apply Windows PE. Execution of task sequence failed.

Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail

Task sequence execution failed With error code 80004005

RegQueryValueExW is unsuccessful for SoftwareXMicrosoftXSMSXTask Sequence, SMSTSEndProgram

Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005

Failed to run the action: Apply Windows PE.

The execution of the group (Capture Image) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.

Operation aborted (Error: 80004004,' Source: Windows)

Failed to run the last action: Apply Windows PE. Execution of task sequence failed.

Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail

Task sequence execution failed With error code 80004005

Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005

What can I check to troubleshoot this ?

• Edited by jrmit Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:05 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 11:39 AM

All replies

• Looks like permission errors. Access denied. 

Make sure the user or service account you are using has write permission to the backup path or %DeployRoot%\Capture that is the default. 

You can boot to PE and press F8 then net use Z: \\WDS\DeployRoot$\Capture and try to create a folder or a file to test the permission. If this fail that explain the error. 

Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:13 PM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for the answer. I checked the permissions and it seems to be ok. From windows desktop, I can write in the capture folder.
    BUT when I try to deploy (for testing), I got this error : A connection to the deployment share could not be made. The following networking device did not have a driver installed...

and then, in command window, I can't ping my server. I guess I have to find the right driver...

Friday, November 22, 2019 11:46 AM
  • Try to pass the credentials in BootStrap.ini files and completely regenerated the boot images for start the execution.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 5:40 AM