WerFault.exe problem* RRS feed

• Question

• I already turn off the automatically check for solutions to never in problem reports where WerFault.exe is the application at task manager and add WerFault.exe to exclude from reporting but then the startup msg keep on annoying so I manage to delete WerFault.exe to system32 with unlocker but still the problem insist w/ explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

then a selection of OK only w/o cancel, when I click OK explorer close and notifications recurrencing over and over...

and Im thinking about the new problem to re-install it? you think can I delete explorer .exe and install it again? cuz I'm having trouble w/ 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written. -.-

w/o explorer.exe I cant go into windows UI to install explorer.exe again.. my win7 cd does not had repair option my badluck..

Windows Explorer is a file manager application that is included with releases of the Microsoft Windows operating system from Windows 95 onwards. It provides a graphical user interface for accessing the file systems. It is also the component of the operating system that presents many user interface items on the monitor such as the taskbar and desktop. Controlling the computer is possible without Windows Explorer running (for example, the File | Run command in Task Manager on NT-derived versions of Windows will function without it, as will commands typed in a command prompt window). It is sometimes referred to as the Windows Shell, explorer.exe, or simply “Explorer”.

~wikipedia

any1 experience it yet?
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:57 AM

Answers

• Case solved go to My computer>Organize (upper left), Folder and Search option, select View...

tick Always show icons. never thumbnails and uncheck Display file icon on thumbnails.

plz mark this as SOLVED, thhx for the fast reply and consideration..

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, October 29, 2010 5:38 AM
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:35 PM

All replies

• check your RAM and HDD for errors.

Also run sfc /scannow to detect corrupted Windows files.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 12:25 PM
  • now I did sfc /scannow

chkdsk /r /f

and registry fix

the error insisting w/ new notification

Windows Explorer has stoppeed working

Windows can try to restart the program.

Sunday, October 17, 2010 12:59 PM
  • Windows Explorer has stoppeed working

please download this reg file from my SkyDrive:

http://cid-128fc518635be2dc.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/MS%20Foren/Registry/WER%5E_Explorer.reg

and make a double click on the file to import it. If you can't do this, run regedit.exe and import the registry file there!

When the Windows Explorer crashes, Windows Error Reporting Service [1] creates a dmp file under C:\Localdumps. Please upload the file to your public Skydrive [2] folder and post the link here. I take a look at the dump with the Debugger, maybe I can see which Shell extension is the cause.

André

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787181%28VS.85%29.aspx
    [2] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:02 PM
  • I downloaded and run it now but no dmp was created -.-

btw I figured some hint now.. bcuz im froze im only able to play w/ alt tab and task manager file>run

I go to run and go to c: then everytime I go to desktop and right click computer the system stucked 100% w/ restart then when it shown again system goes 100% again looping

Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:21 PM
  • Case solved go to My computer>Organize (upper left), Folder and Search option, select View...

tick Always show icons. never thumbnails and uncheck Display file icon on thumbnails.

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, October 29, 2010 5:38 AM
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:35 PM
  • select View...

This means an incompatible Coded Pack is installed which crashes the Explorer when creating thumbnails of the video files.

Sunday, October 17, 2010 6:36 PM

Hi there ive got the same problem as this every time i play games it comes up, ive tried this method and it still pops up i dont know what to do.
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:30 PM
  • how should i go over through this problem
    Monday, July 9, 2012 3:45 PM
  • salut j'esper que tu vas bien   svp . aide moi trouvé une solution ! je sais pas comment faire

WerFault.exe - Erreur d'application 

L'instruction à 0x3e5c4710 emploie l'adresse mémoire 0x3e5c4710. La mémoire ne peut pas être en état 'written' . 

svp aide moi trouvé la solution merci d'avance :)

Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:47 PM
  • Yeah, FYI this did not fix this problem on my customer's computer...
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:43 PM
  • I had this problem too and I saw it as a success and it worked out well for me

Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:03 AM