none
Finish dates are not getting calculated correctly in MS Project Professional RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am working on MS project 2013. I use the default calender with no exceptions.Somehow the the finish dates are not getting calculated correctly.

Even I schedule a task with duration 1 day it shows 2days between start and finish dates. EX: T1 task in the image below

Can someone suggest what is wrong here.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Sudhir,

First of all, I'd suggest you to display the date with the time (file, options, general), it will help debugging.

Then you have to go to the "project" tab, project information and check what is the time for the start date.

This start time must correspond to the working hours specified in the project working time (change working time, "work week" tab, détails). Finally, this working time (number of working hours per day/week) must correspond to the options set in the file menu/options/Schedule. You must enter hours per day and per week equal to your project calendar (working time).

Please check those options, create a new task to see if the issue is solved.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Sudhir,

First of all, I'd suggest you to display the date with the time (file, options, general), it will help debugging.

Then you have to go to the "project" tab, project information and check what is the time for the start date.

This start time must correspond to the working hours specified in the project working time (change working time, "work week" tab, détails). Finally, this working time (number of working hours per day/week) must correspond to the options set in the file menu/options/Schedule. You must enter hours per day and per week equal to your project calendar (working time).

Please check those options, create a new task to see if the issue is solved.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:57 AM
  • It is probable that your tasks start at some time during Wednesday other than at the earliest start time.

Also, since one task finishes on Sunday, it is impossible that you are using the standard calendar with no exceptions, because Sunday is a nonworking day in that calendar.

Also, you do not show us your definition of "day". The default is 1 day = 8 hours but you may have changed that.
    Also, you do not show us your default start time. The default is 08:00 but you may have changed that.
    Both of these settings are in file, options, schedule.

Also, you do not show us the project start date and time as set in project information. The default start time is 08:00.

AS Guillaume says, more or less, show us the times and your problem will be solved.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:02 AM