Screen Sharing Continues Jan 2018 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am wondering if there has been any further progress to correct this issue - I have been dealing with the freezing screen sharing for greater than 1 year - this month I received a newer laptop where I was assured by my Tech support would solve the issue as that is what Msft had indicated is the issue.

Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issues - Is there a Resolve in site for this!! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you

Dawnie17

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Dawnie17,

Could you give me more information about this issue?all users cannot share screen in your environment?what errors did you get when sharing screen?

Check Application sharing using different test to isolate issue.

1. Is application/desktop sharing affected between internal to internal and external to external?
    2. Is application / desktop sharing affected between internal to external to internal and external to internal?

1. Make sure application / desktop sharing enabled on Skype for Business / Lync Server.

SfB /Lync Control Panel > Conferencing > Conferencing policy > select Global or create new policy and set enable ‘Enable application and desktop sharing.

2. Make sure you have update your SFB client to the latest version.

3. please check the  port 443, 5061 ,50000- 59999 was open  on your firewall.

4. If in case you are seeing blank screen after application/desktop sharing then do below:

Start > Run > Regedit > visit below registry path and delete mentioned key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\

{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Note: You must Backed up your computer registry first and then removed above Key.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 25, 2018 6:24 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue ,if the reply is helpful to you, please try to make it as an answer ,it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 10:16 AM