DPM2010 change tapes on autoloader RRS feed

• Question

• After I change the tapes on autoloader the configuration that is seen by DPM2010 it is not updated until I refresh it from DPM console or after the first attempt to write on tape.

When it is trying to write on tape the first job failes, then DPM becomes aware of the current configuration of the tapes loaded, and the following jobs work OK.

I think that normal way to function it would be that DPM refreshes the configuration of tape information before the first attempt to write on them.

• Changed type MarcReynolds Friday, December 9, 2011 1:40 PM
    • Moved by MarcReynolds Friday, December 9, 2011 1:41 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Friday, December 9, 2011 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can re-schedule the daily detailed inventory job which runs at 9:00am daily to run at a time after which you change the cartridge in the autoloader and before the tape backup jobs are scheduled to run, or just perform a detailed inventory manually after swapping tape media.

set-MaintenanceJobStartTime -dpmservername DPM_SVR_NAME libraryinventory -starttime 6:00PM

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, December 9, 2011 3:19 PM