Visio 2010 & SharePoint local drafts check out not working RRS feed

Answers

• Are you getting any side-by-side errors in the event log when you attempt to check out and use the local drafts folder?
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 3:16 PM
    Friday, September 10, 2010 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What happens if not using App-v? (meaning Visio is installed natively?)

/Znack
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:23 PM
  • Hello,

I get the prompted to check in the diagram as expected. I also have more options in File > Info, specifically:

Checked Out Document - with the option to check in, and

Version - with View Version History.

As mentioned above, these options are available if "Use my local drafts folder" is not selected.

Marco

Friday, September 3, 2010 9:01 AM
  • Does the SharePoint check in/out work for other virtualised Office applications, e.g. Word or Excel? 
    Friday, September 3, 2010 9:48 AM
  • It does, but they are local installs. When Visio is installed locally, all the functionality works. When virtually installed, only 1 of the 3 options doesn't work.

The 3 options are:

Read Only - works as expected

Check Out and Edit with "Use my local drafts folder" UNCHECKED - works as expected

Check Out and Edit with local drafts checked - does not offer the option to check in once complete. SharePoint File > Info options in Visio are also not available.

Friday, September 3, 2010 11:04 AM
  • Where is the local draft stored? Has this location been virtualised per chance?
    Friday, September 3, 2010 12:05 PM
  • Draft SharePoint files are stored in

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\SharePoint Drafts

The location is not virtualised.

Friday, September 3, 2010 12:13 PM
  • Are you getting any side-by-side errors in the event log when you attempt to check out and use the local drafts folder?
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 3:16 PM
    Friday, September 10, 2010 10:25 PM