none
Timesheet Approval Configuration - Fixed Approval Routing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently our timesheet configuration is through chain approvals. Team member submits to their manager, manager does approval and sends to me (timesheet manager). I have Fixed Approval Routing unchecked, as I would like for the Manager to be able to select me as manager to approve. However, after unchecking Fixed Approval Routing, it doesn't seem to pop up for managers to select me as the timesheet manager. They just get the dialogue box to click OK when approving. Is there a configuration I'm missing? I tried this for every manager by delegating and it seems it just goes directly to their timesheet manager without having a message to send to. Previously, it would work fine, but after a few configuration tweaks it stopped popping up to select timesheet manager. 

Johnny Eltawn, Project Server Admin

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Johnny,

A few questions first: which Project Server version are you using? This does matter since the timesheet approval chain is slightly different between 2010 and 2013 version. Also is the Single Entry Mode activated?

Unchecking the fixed approval routing will stop the users from “selecting” who the timesheet goes to.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:27 AM
  • For Project Server 2013, Try following:

Add yourself in the "Timesheet Managers" list, which can be set under "Server Settings" -> "Timesheet Managers"

Update Team member and make yourself as "Timesheet Manager" thru "Manage User" or thru "Resource Centre."

Update following setting on "Server Settings" page, in the "Time and Task Management" section, click "Timesheet Settings and Defaults"

1. Select the "Fixed Approval Routing" check box.
    2. Under "Task Status Manager Approval", choose "Enabled" if you want managers to be able to approve individual timesheet lines. You can also choose to "require line approval before timesheet approval."

Hope this will help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raushan Kumar | LinkedIn

Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:41 PM