Merging two Custom Lists [SharePoint 2007] based on unique column using Visual Studio? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement to merge two custom SharePoint lists based on unique column. I do not have SharePoint Designer access due to some constraints. I am planning for Visual Studio programming by quering the custom lists and adding them to the datasource of the Grid. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Amalaraja Fernando,
    SharePoint Architect
    This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Findings:

Below link can be used for retrieving list data using SPSiteDataQuery and Merge tables using the below syntax
    table1.Merge(table2, true, System.Data.MissingSchemaAction.Add);
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/sharepointdevelopment/thread/fd3592fa-96f0-4e70-bd96-933ed5c7e2bd

I am looking for a way to merge records only based on unique columns [Common columns like title] present in both the lists.

Amalaraja Fernando,
    SharePoint Architect
    This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:32 AM
  • CAML query can be used for merging two custom list based on Unique value.

Reference link: http://sujeewaediriweera.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/list-join-in-sharepoint-2010-using-caml/

Amalaraja Fernando,
    SharePoint Architect
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you. This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:03 AM
  • Can you provide a link to an article on how to use CAML for this purpose? I am not a programmer and do not have access to SP Designer. We have MOSS 2007 Standard sites, with no access to Central Administration. Thanks.
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:17 PM
  • @Mark: I have updated my Answer with reference article.

Amalaraja Fernando,
    SharePoint Architect
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you. This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:35 AM