Uninstall a Window's Office 2010 from and with a Window's XP RRS feed

• Question

• What is the magic procedure to remove an unwanted Window's Office 2010 from a Dell Dimension 4600 with the 2003 or 2004 version of Window's XP.  I don't have the disk that it was installed with.  It keeps freezing up on me when I try to remove it with the 'Add/Remove' program.  I hope removing this will give us a little more time between freeze - ups.  That is probably a different problem...  I will be eternally grateful and will tell my wife to name my next child after you if you can help.  Thank You, Mack
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:53 PM

Answers

• The computer model makes no difference to the procedure.

2003 / 2004 version of xp doesnt give enough info, windows xp sp 1/2/3

Are you upto date with your windows updates?

which version of office are you trying to remove? Free trial, Starter, Home and student, home and business, standard, Pro or Pro plus?

if you open the eventviewer when trying to uninstall is there an error logged? if so whats the error.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. If you find an answer helpful then please "Vote As Helpful"
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:57 AM

All replies

• The computer model makes no difference to the procedure.

2003 / 2004 version of xp doesnt give enough info, windows xp sp 1/2/3

Are you upto date with your windows updates?

which version of office are you trying to remove? Free trial, Starter, Home and student, home and business, standard, Pro or Pro plus?

if you open the eventviewer when trying to uninstall is there an error logged? if so whats the error.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. If you find an answer helpful then please "Vote As Helpful"
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:57 AM
  • To Adam Way,

My Window's XP should have service pack 3 in it.  I'm not sure if it has all the updates installed.  The version of Office I am trying to remove is the Window's Office Professional Plus 2010 judging by the number and type of programs listed in the programs of it.  It was installed about a year ago in August.  I hate to sound stupid but... What is the "eventviewer" and how do I open it.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:32 PM