none
How to update a deployment task sequence to reflect an imported reference image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

If I have a reference image that I capture through a regular sysprep & capture task sequence, how do I update my deployment task sequence to reflect this updated reference image once it has been captured? I would prefer not to have to recreate the deployment task sequence as the current one has several customizations that I would have to redo. When I try to change the OS in the "Install Operating System" step in the sequence to point to the updated image, the deployment will fail with a message such as: Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass [specialize]

I don't know how to tell if this is a problem with the unattend file itself or having something to do with changing the deploying operating system in the task sequence.

Saturday, May 28, 2016 3:40 AM

Answers

• So the solution for me actually ended up being pretty simple. After changing the deployment task sequence to reflect the new reference image, I went into WSIM and opened the unattend.xml file there. It noticed that the task sequence was now linked to a new image and asked me if I wanted to update the XML accordingly. I clicked yes to update it then once it opened, I went into the Windows-IE-InternetExplorer module, right-clicked on the IEWelcomeMsg thing, and unchecked mark for imaging as was suggested as a solution to the original error above. All is working now.
    • Marked as answer by harri506 Wednesday, June 1, 2016 12:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2016 12:40 AM

All replies