none
Add 2 columns in PowerQuery, missing in PowerPivot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all:

I have used PowerQuery to fetch the data from Cosmos, then append the data from text file. 

Then I load the data into Data Model(PowerPivot). 

Now I face one issue:

1. When I add 2 new columns in PowerQuery.

2. Refresh, then I can see 2 new columns in PowerQuery

3. These 2 columns are missing in PowerPivot data model

How do I fix this issue?

Excel is 2013. Thanks!

Best regards,
    Riquel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 4, 2015 4:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• From my perspective, I think this is a bug. 

When I add new columns in PowerQuery, these new columns are not visible in Power Pivot. It doesn't make any sense. 

Best regards,
    Riquel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 4, 2015 4:53 AM
  • Did you Refresh the Data Model after the new columns appeared in Power Query, or execute Refresh All?
    Friday, December 4, 2015 12:24 PM
  • Yes, did them after modification. No effect at all. Still missing. 

Best regards,
    Riquel

• Edited by Riquel I'm Friday, December 4, 2015 6:40 PM
    Friday, December 4, 2015 5:59 PM
  • Hi Riquel. What happens if you open the Query Editor window, add the columns, and click Close & Load?

Also, what is the data type of the columns?

Ehren

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:19 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ehren:

when I try this, I got the following error, and can't refresh the Powerquery. 

Any idea? Thanks! 

OLE DB or ODBC error: The query 'Dashboard_MROverall_mod' or one of its inputs was modified in Power Query after this connection was added. Please disable and re-enable loading to the Data Model for this query..

Best regards,
    Riquel

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 10:26 PM
  • Hi Riquel. Sounds like you've hit the Power Pivot read-only connection issue.

Note that in the latest versions of Excel 2013 (and 2016), newly created query connections shouldn't be able to get into this state.

Ehren

Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:18 PM
    Owner