AD RMS installation failed. (URGENT HELP !!!) RRS feed

• Question

• I installed AD RMS role. When i try to install additional configuration, i got the following error message. The OS i am using is windows server 2012 R2 evaluation. But the evaluation has expired and it is not activated.

One or more AD RMS role services could not be configured:
    Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: Index

Dawit Tesfaye

Saturday, October 18, 2014 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can extend your evaluation doing following. This operation will do nothing if the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\SkipRearm registry subkey is equal to 1.

1. Run cmd as Administrator

2. Type "slmgr.vbs -rearm"

3. Restart

However, even if W2K12R2 has expired it means that it will shut down every 1 hour, but should not have anything in common with installation/configuration of ADRMS or other roles.

On server, where you want to have ADRMS installed, do you have any other web application that may be using IIS?

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Friday, October 24, 2014 7:59 PM
  • Hi, 

Any update on that?

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:53 PM