none
Suspend MDT, Sysprep for disk cloning, and resume with new hardware failure. RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to successfully Sysprep for disk cloning after pausing the Deployment (via LTISuspend). The problem is when I attempt to resume the Deployment after duplicating the hard drive and placing in new hardware it fails immediately stating that it cannot open the TSENV.DAT (80090005). It works fine if you resume in the identical hardware it was built in. 

The hardware is identical for all computers receiving the cloned drive with the Mac Address, Serial Number, and UUID being different. 

Knowing that the TSENV.DAT is encrypted, is there a way to prep it for minor hardware (mac address, uuid, and serial number only) change prior to pausing and sysprep so it does not fail?

Using MDT 2012 and Windows 7 OS. 

Thanks

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:46 PM

All replies

• Why are you sysprepping a suspended TS when MDT will run sysprep for you? What are you attempting to accomplish?

-Nick O.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:14 PM
  • Let me add to what Mr. Owen described.

We have a complex MDT.  It has been used for years for a globally scaled corporate desktop.  

What we are looking to do to is sysprep this machine 3/4 of the way through the process, clone the drive, and then use the cloned drive on like hardware models (we used PersistDrivers in the Unattend).  

I initially ran sysprep outside of the MDT.  It ran successfully, however when we moved the syspreped (and cloned) drive to another hardware of identical type we got the error Mr Owen mentioned.  What we hoped would happen if we called Sysprep from the MDT directly is the TSENV would be cleaned/updated to remove any workstations specific identifiers and thus eliminate the error.

Monday, May 12, 2014 1:03 PM