Unable to connect to Analytics Server Administration Tool RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just installed ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, everything worked fine. But when accessing the Administration Tool, I can't connect. I tried using my Windows Account (With this account I installed the application in the Server), first the username and then including the domain server. Do you have any idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Gaby

Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:45 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Gaby,

The SDL file errors usually have something to do with something in IIS not working right.  Is this a 32bit server you're trying to get PAS running on or is it 64bit?  Also are you attempting to run SharePoint on the same box?  Two things you may want to try before troubleshooting IIS is to unregister/re-register the PAS server in the Analytics Server Admin tool.  If that doesn't work you'll want to try re-installing the application using a local admin account on the server.

Regards,

Sean

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Gaby,

Could you provide some additional information?  Are you able to open the Analytics Administration tool and are getting an error at that time or are you unable to open the application at all?  If there's a specific error message please include that information as well.  Are you able to connect to the PAS website at http://localhost/pas?

Thanks,

Sean

Friday, December 21, 2007 4:11 PM
  • Hi,

I have downloaded Performancepoint server 2007 vhd which is provided my microsoft and using it.

Here i have same problem while connecting to Analytics server administrator tool.

it would be great if anybody have an idea.

Monday, December 24, 2007 11:55 AM
  • Hello Sean,

Thanks for responding. About your questions, I do open the Analytics Sever Administration tool, but i can't connect to the database. The error I get is: Server Error. An error occurred retrieving the SDL file: 404. I am using the account I used to install the application but I still get this error.

http://localhost/pas Is not working either. This is the error message I get: HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found

Thanks,

Gaby

Monday, December 24, 2007 4:07 PM
  •  

Hi Gaby,

The SDL file errors usually have something to do with something in IIS not working right.  Is this a 32bit server you're trying to get PAS running on or is it 64bit?  Also are you attempting to run SharePoint on the same box?  Two things you may want to try before troubleshooting IIS is to unregister/re-register the PAS server in the Analytics Server Admin tool.  If that doesn't work you'll want to try re-installing the application using a local admin account on the server.

Regards,

Sean

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:09 PM
  •  

Yes the IIS was not working right. The default website was stopped and to start it I had to assign an IP, with this the problem was solved and now I can connect.

Thanks!

Gaby

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:10 PM
  •  

Hi Sean,

Thanks man it solves my problem and here one more thing i observed that am not able to delete libraries or books even I logged in as an administrator.

Can you tell me what could be the problem?

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:24 AM
  • Hi ramchandar,

You should be able to delete libraries/books from the PAS admin tool by right clicking on them.  You can also try going to the professional client, then File>Analytics Server>Manage Books.  You can delete libraries/books from there as well.

hth,

Sean
    Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:11 PM
  • Hello Ramchandar,

When you state that you cannot delete items from the Administration Tool, are you deleting books and libraries but not noticing the update take place?  Do you receive an error message upon deleting?  If you're experiencing these types of problems, I suggest ensuring you are up to date with your SQL Server version.  (SQL/AS 2000 SP4 or SQL/AS 2005 SP2)  If you are up to date with your SQL Server versions yet still experiencing errors upon deleting items from any ProClarity application (Professional or the Administration Tool) please let us know immediately.  If this is the case, please provide the exact verbiage of any error messages that occur, and / or and steps leading to this event.

Thanks!

Amanda Ruffner

Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:08 PM
  • Hi Amanda Ruffner,

Thanks for your response

SQL/AS 2005 SP2 version is available in my machine.

Friday, December 28, 2007 6:32 AM
  • Thanks for the update.  It is nice to know you're running the latest service packs.  That being said, can you tell us more about the deletion problems?  What happens when you try deleting items?  Does the problem only happen from within the Admin Tool or do you notice similar problems when trying to delete books from the Professional client?  Do you receive any errors?

Amanda

Friday, December 28, 2007 5:52 PM
  • Was there a resolution for this problem or did it just disappear?

Thanks;

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:49 PM
  • We are seeing a very similiar issue.  We have just upgraded our development server to ProClarity 6.3 from 6.2.  We can create books and access books but we can not delete books or libraries.  When watching from Profiler, I can see the api calls occurring but the transaction then fails and rolls back.  On the user end we see 'An error occurred deleting the book 'book1' from the library'library1':'An OLE Exception occured 80040e21'

We are on sql server 2005 sp 2 with hot fix 3186.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thank-you;

Thursday, May 1, 2008 3:47 PM
  • I'm facing the same problem anyone can help
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:56 AM
  • I am having the same issue as others on this post.  I've tried all of the suggestions and nothing is working.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now.  I'm installing on Win Server 2008 64-bit server.  I have the message "An error occured retrieving the SDL file:  OLE error 80072EFD". 

Please help!

Brandy

Monday, December 20, 2010 3:24 PM