Recovering My Views for User No Longer w/Company RRS feed

• Question

• I have looked at several other posts related to this issue, but I can not seem to get back this users' views.  There are about 80 views that I need to recover from a user who is no longer with our company.  I updated my entry in the dbo.Users table in the briefing book database such that I gave myself this users Favorites Id.  I can now see a list of the pages when I go into the ProClarity Web site and click on my My Views, however, none of them come up.  There is also a folder, but none of the views reference the folder id.  I have read references to the MDStores, but I don't know why anything would change in the mdx as the cubes have not changed.  (I also made the Favorites visible in the ProClarity Admin tool, but I don't have ProClarity Web Professional installed on the PAS box because I was advised not to install it there.  So, I'm not sure how being able to see the favorites listed in the library list allows me to manipulate them.)  I need to move each page from the user's My Views to a book.
    Kate Totten
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Kate,

Thanks for posting to our forum.  What you might try is getting the book GUID for the original user’s favorites. You can find the Favorites 'Book' for all users with the following select statement:

SELECT * FROM Books WHERE LibraryID = '{1F823801-C6F2-11d4-81F6-444553540001}' 
    (The GUID for favorites in the same on all PAS servers - if you've exposed the My Views library then the GUID will be {1F823801-C6F2-11d4-81F6-444553540000})

Once you have returned all of the Favorites for your users then you can find the two users you wish to work with (your userID and . Once you have established these users you will
    issue a statement similar to the following:

UPDATE BookElements SET BookID = 'new user BookID here' WHERE BookID = 'old user BookID

This should include references to the My Views within the folders as well.  If not, you'll have to update the FolderID field as well.  I have not had time to test this scenario yet so please keep us posted  Hopefully that works, please let us know otherwise.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Monday, July 27, 2009 2:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:34 PM