none
Hyper-V Virtual Switch Causing 20% Usage Of CPU For System Interrupts RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I create a virtual switch in Hyper-V it causes a 20% increase in CPU from System Interrupts. I know it is the virtual switch because I have tried it a few times now and every time I create the new virtual switch then I get the above problem.

I have windows 10 pro, which is kept updated on a regular basis. I just follow the normal (default) steps to create the virtual switch:

1. click on virtual switch manager, create virtual switch(external)
    2. add a name to the virtual switch
    3. External network checked with my laptops Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter, Allow management operating system to share this network adapter, checked.
    4. Then I click apply.
    5. Then in the virtual machine I go to settings and make sure it is using this virtual switch.

I would be extremely grateful if someone would be so kind as to help me figure out how to resolve the problem of this causing  a 20% increase in CPU from System Interrupts.

Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:25 AM

All replies

• "I have windows 10 pro"

In that case, you should post your question to the Windows client virtualization forum located at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprovirt

This forum is for issues one Windows/Hyper-V Server.

tim

Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:12 PM
  • Hi,

Try to add wired connection instead of wireless, if problem was solved then update wireless adapter driver.

BR

Monday, February 11, 2019 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

Please check if the  wireless adapter driver is updated to the latest version.

In addition, here is a link about how to fix system interrupts high cpu usage, just for your reference:

https://appuals.com/fix-system-interrupts-high-cpu-usage/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this information can help you, if you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Hi, 

Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 

Best Regards,

Daniel

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Thanks. Just posted in the suggested forum
    Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:46 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. I haven't checked with a wired connection. I'll try it at some point.

I have checked in device manager for driver updates to the wireless adapter and there are no updates. I checked the Qualcomm website and they don't do the driver updates and state that I have to get them from the manufacturer. The manufacturer doesn't seem to have any updates. The laptop is over 5 years old so they probably don't support driver updates anymore.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:51 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have checked in device manager for driver updates to the wireless adapter and there are no updates. I checked the Qualcomm website and they don't do the driver updates and state that I have to get them from the manufacturer. The manufacturer doesn't seem to have any updates. The laptop is over 5 years old so they probably don't support driver updates anymore.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:52 AM
  • Hi,

I will continue to follow up this post. I will contact you if i have any progress.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Monday, February 18, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your waiting!

I discussed it with my colleagues. This issue may be caused by NIC driver or third-party application, as davoud mentioned, you can try wired connection, or downgrade the driver of wireless. in addition, you can try to uninstall anti-virus software to test.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hi, 
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Friday, February 22, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

This is Daniel and wish you all the best!

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Propose Answer’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the Propose answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:40 AM