none
64 bit core but 32 bit OEM Office RRS feed

• Question

• So I downloaded what seemed like the proper software for my 64 bit machine only to discover that the installed Office package is 32 bit and won`t let me install the 64 bit download. SuggestionsÉ
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:26 PM

All replies

• If you have 32 bit of Office then you have to install 32 bit of ms project.

With 32 bit of office 64 bit of ms project will give issue while installation.

kirtesh

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:41 PM
  • I understand that. The problem was that the system wasn't keen on letting me have the 32 bit version after downloading the 64 bit.

I found a thread with some suggestions and managed to download the 32-bit image. When I tried to enter the product code to activate it I got a message telling me that the system couldn't process my request at the moment and to try later. Unfortunately, it wouldn't let me minimize and I had to cancel the transaction, which left me with an unactivated trial copy that expires in 30 days and presumably is lacking some functionality. Not impressed.

At this point I'm not sure I even see any point to continuing with the trial. If the software itself is half as badly thought out as the trial download, it's worse than useless.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:16 PM
  • It's now the next day. Still won't let me activate.
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:24 PM