Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.exe uses 100% of one CPU Core RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, dear Colleagues.

Faced with problem - Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.exe uses 100% of one CPU Core

I'm testing SCSM SP1. Problem appeared after little more than 100 incidents was created. Abnormal CPU usage appears only if to navigate to Work Items - Incident Management - any view.

Already restored default Service Manager Incident Management Configuration Library MP and deleted all incidents wit PS script:

Get-SCSMClassInstance -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name System.WorkItem.Incident) | Where-Object {$_.ID -lt “200”} | Remove-SCSMClassInstance

When there is no incidents - CPU usage is normal. After I create first incidents - problem appears.

How to deal with it?

Thanks.

P.S. Also I have this problem:

Cannot change Incident Management View name - it restores on default after changing language. To apply changes need to restart System Center Data Access Service each time.

I think, something wrong with my DB. But how to investigate? Will be appreciated for your help.

P.S.S. Also noticed, when I'm creating new incident it gets ID not "1", and "116", for example. I mean it continues numeration from last incident number. So, PS script not fully cleared the DB.
    • Edited by fapw Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:06 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:48 PM

Answers

• Indeed do upgrade to at least UR2 and see if the problem persists.

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

• Proposed as answer by Maurador1 Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:30 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:17 PM
  • This used to be an issue if the console window was maximised. Try running the window not maximised. I know some people fixed this by installing the latest video drivers available for their video card. Also, I think it was addressed possibly some where along the line, so, as Shahid suggests, upgrade.

Rob Ford scsmnz.net
    Cireson www.cireson.com
    For a free SCSM 2012 Notify Analyst app click here

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 7:12 PM

All replies

•   upgrade to latest 2012 R2 UR5 + latest hotfix for UR5

Shahid Roofi

• Proposed as answer by Maurador1 Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:42 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 5:35 PM
  • The console is known to be a big bulky piece of bloat-ware. It just doesn't run great, especially when pulling a bunch of data (like a fresh list of incidents) from SQL. The best thing you can do is to have the console installed on a terminal server that has a lot more than the recommended requirements. Also, check your SQL server disk I/O. Thats the most important piece of SCSM performance: the console will stress out while waiting for SQL to grind away. 

- Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 6:25 PM
  • This used to be an issue if the console window was maximised. Try running the window not maximised. I know some people fixed this by installing the latest video drivers available for their video card. Also, I think it was addressed possibly some where along the line, so, as Shahid suggests, upgrade.

Rob Ford scsmnz.net
    Cireson www.cireson.com
    For a free SCSM 2012 Notify Analyst app click here

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 7:12 PM
  • Indeed do upgrade to at least UR2 and see if the problem persists.

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

• Proposed as answer by Maurador1 Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:41 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:17 PM
  • Thanks you, guys.

It's true, when Console windows is not maximize - works without over-consumption of CPU. 

Moreover, I've installed console on my local workstation - works even maximized, yet))

Will try to upgrade.

Have a nice day.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:35 AM