WSUS Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed the WSUS management Packs :
    - Windows Server Update Services Core Library
    - Windows Server Update Services  3.0

Thanks to John for this:
    """
    In my experience importing the WSUS management pack does not create a new view folder.
    You can observe that the management pack is working by checking out the health explorer of a WSUS server that is managed.
    For example, in the Windows Computer Role health rollup, you will see an Availability (WSUS) Entity. There are client, core, database, and web service monitors under that.

John Joyner
    MVP-OM
    """

But it seems very limited to only the WSUS Server itself as Copmputer role information!!! nothing about the Clients?

I would like to know where is(are) the Monitoring part under the monitoring section as so far I do not see  anything related to this Management Pack.
    Any reports?
    Any views?
    List of all servers not up-to-date?
    etc...

Thanks,
    Dom
    System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Monday, February 8, 2010 9:56 PM

Answers

• No activity for 30 days, will mark as answer now. Feel free to re-open it. Thanks
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft PFE | blog at http://www.contoso.se
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hey Dom
    Normally I am looking at the config mgr MP for this, and it does go into far more detail then what you have listed above
    Paul Keely
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Yes I read the samething but where should I look? I have stopped the windows update service on one server for more than 24 hours and I do not get any alert...
    I was expecting:
    1. the service WSUS is stopped on Server A
    2. the Server A is out oof date for the update (there are several patch approved on the WSUS server which did not go as the service was stopped...)

Any idea?

Thanks
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:09 PM
  • No activity for 30 days, will mark as answer now. Feel free to re-open it. Thanks
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft PFE | blog at http://www.contoso.se
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:23 PM