Location policy - E911 default behavior.. (Skype for Business Server 2015) RRS feed

• Question

• If 911 is dialed from the contact identified in the Conference URI field in a location policy, should the contacts in the Notification URI field still receive a Skype pop-up? Up till now all 911 calls have been made from user extensions.  In every instance the users listed in the Notification URI received a Skype pop-up with all the details about the 911 call.  The Conference URI contact would be brought into the call, etc.  In other words, everything works as expected.

In this latest case the 911 call was initiated by the actual Conference URI contact/uri (our buildings security guard).  None of the Notification URI people got a pop-up.

Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi blinkyjesus,

If you only set the Conference URI, and you did not set the Notification URI ,you will not get the Skype pop-up.

Set the Notification URI for the Skype pop-up.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:33 AM
  • Hello Leon.  I'm afraid i didn't describe our situation well enough.

As i said, none of the Notification URI addresses received the pop-up.  In other words, the Notification URI's were already set (and have been working correctly for some time.)

What makes this specific situation unique was that 911 was *dialed from the Conference URI address/extension* itself.

Like i said, up until this call, every time 911 had been dialed at our company, it had been dialed from an end-user extension, NOT directly from the Conference URI SIP address.  So, in that situation would should the Notification URI's receive a pop-up?

Hopefully that clarify's this for you.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:53 AM
  • Hi blinkyjesus,

Now you can not get the notification after setting the notification URI.

Do you get some error event ID in your FE  server?

Please restarting the replication services(SFB server replica replicator agent and SFB server master replicator agent).

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 5:43 AM
  • Hi Leon.  I can't say for certain that this is the expected behavior since i've not been able to find any formal documentation about it from Microsoft, but in our testing we found the following..

If the 911 call is made from the Conference URI number itself, none of the notification URI's will receive an alert pop-up.

If the 911 call is made from any other Skype extension in the organization, the notification URI's DO receive the alert pop-up, and the Conference URI is patched into the call between the caller and the emergency operator.  In other words, everything works as designed.

I'm not sure why it would be this way, but that's what our testing showed.

If there's any way you can recreate this scenario in a lab or something, i'd be curious to know your findings.  Like i said, i could be wrong, but that's what the testing showed.

Thanks again.

(*Just to clarify again, both the Conference URI and the Notification URI's have been correctly populated with valid SIP addresses at all times.  At no time was the Notification URI field blank or contain invalid SIP addresses.  The same is true of the Conference URI.)

Friday, April 27, 2018 12:55 PM