Remote Tools DCOM issues on some machines RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed some machines in my environment that seem to have DCOM issues related to Remote Tools.  My systems currently have the SMS 2003 SP2 agent installed and I am upgrading them to the SCCM SP1 agent.  The install completes successfully according to the logs.
    When I try to use Remote Tools against one of the affected machines, I get prompted for credentials.  The System Event Viewer on the client shows the following:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Remote Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {126C0D0F-1F6E-4BD2-A805-B9343F6D8FB5}to the user xxx\xxxxx SID (xxx). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Also, I noticed that the "ConfigMgr Remote Control Users" local group does not exist on the client.

Performing a uninstall / reinstall of the SCCM agent works.  Re-installing the agent without uninstalling it first does not work.

The only way I hear about the problem is when I hear about it from our Service Desk when they can't remote control a PC.  I'm not sure how many systems are affected in our environment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:59 PM

Answers

All replies