none
Clearing browser cache for a specific site using GPO

Question

• I want to clear temp internet files for a specific site through a GPO.

I know how to clear it for all sites on IE closing in  a GPO, but is there a way to do it for a specific site only?

none

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    In Internet Explorer click on the star icon in the top right. Then select the history tab. In the drop down menu click “view by site” or “view by date” depending on your preference. If you choose view by site you can right click on the site and select expand to see the individual pages visited. Right click and select delete to remove the page or the entire site from your history.
    However, based on my research, it seems not to be able be finished via GPO. Even, someone suggest to do the request by third party tool, but it still could be done on local. Regarding whether it could be done by coding, I would suggest you post the question in the scripting forum:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?forum=ITCG
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 1, 2016 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    You could organize the computer or user in that site into an OU, then configure a GPO and link it to this specific OU or directly link the GPO to the site, please see details from:
    Link a Group Policy object to a site, domain, or organizational unit
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-sg/library/cc738954(v=ws.10).aspx
    You could use two ways to clear temp internet files through group policy:
    1.Apply the logon scripts using registry setting:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache
    Persistent = 0
    2.Configure settings under USER Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Advanced Page\Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:18 AM
  • yes, that would be to all sites that the browser has visited. i know how to the this.

is there a specific way to do it per site only? or can that only be done in the coding of the page itself?

none

Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:18 AM
  • Hi,
    In Internet Explorer click on the star icon in the top right. Then select the history tab. In the drop down menu click “view by site” or “view by date” depending on your preference. If you choose view by site you can right click on the site and select expand to see the individual pages visited. Right click and select delete to remove the page or the entire site from your history.
    However, based on my research, it seems not to be able be finished via GPO. Even, someone suggest to do the request by third party tool, but it still could be done on local. Regarding whether it could be done by coding, I would suggest you post the question in the scripting forum:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?forum=ITCG
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Monday, August 1, 2016 1:40 AM