Hyperlink display issue when the number of links exceeds RRS feed

• Question

• I have an automated mail that is being sent from an application. There are more than 500 different hyperlinks in the mail content but after certain numbers the hyperlink disappears and only the plain text exist. Is there an count limit for the links to be displayed in the mail.If we delete the some amount of the former links and sent the mail again the links that were initially not getting displayed get displayed correctly.
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:52 AM

All replies

• I have an automated mail that is being sent from an application. There are more than 500 different hyperlinks in the mail content but after certain numbers the hyperlink disappears and only the plain text exist. Is there an count limit for the links to be displayed in the mail.If we delete the some amount of the former links and sent the mail again the links that were initially not getting displayed get displayed correctly.
    I am using outlook 2013
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:55 AM
  • Hi Thejus,

I don't think that there is any limitations on the number of links, but there is a limitation on number of characters in a hyperlink.
    For eg:  IE has maximum URL length of 2083 characters.

In these situations, there are no problems, except that the links wont open when they are clicked, The only way to open them would be to copy them and paste them in browser

Also, deleting some former links and sending them again wont work as the links are now in the text form and re-sending would send those same links in 'text'

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 11:10 AM
  • Hi Dawson,

My Situation is that the length of the hyperlink is not big but there are more than 500 hyperlinks out of which last few links are not displayed as hyperlink

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:10 PM
  • Try this,

Go to FILE, > OPTIONS > MAIL > EDITOR OPTIONS > AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS > AUTOFORMAT TAB,

Replace internet and network paths with hyperlinks.

Let me know if it worked.
    Wednesday, June 28, 2017 4:50 AM
  • I had checked and tested the option
     "Replace internet and network paths with hyperlinks." it did not make any change. Also I did the vice versa by unchecking the option still did not work.
    Wednesday, June 28, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Well, i had sent myself an entire data base of 1.5k hyperlinks, and i have used both Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2016 to do so, but in both case those links seem to be working perfectly fine.

So i am thinking that this might be because of the application that you are using which is causing those hyperlinks to appear as text
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 1:18 PM