can i delete these files in temp folder of my windows xp machine.as am new to windows can anyone help me RRS feed

• Question

• can i delete these files in temp folder of my windows xp machine.as am new to windows can anyone help me
    Monday, March 12, 2012 1:01 PM

Answers

•     Yes, there you shouldn't experience any problems deleting those pesky Temp files.  Double click My Computer Icon, right click on your "C" drive, click properties and then click tools.  You should see a Tools Tab stating "disk clean-up".  Most of the options are safe to get rid of.  If you are new to it, you might not want to go into the advanced settings until you get a little help.  I hope this helps you out.  The purpose of this is to try to keep your PC from getting too cluttered, and fragmented.
    • Marked as answer by JilluTeddy Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:39 AM

All replies

• u can and u need to do that cos it usualy large number of files there can cause youre win xp to freeze dont delete the folder only the files in it cos if windows will need temp files will create new ones
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:07 PM
  •     Yes, there you shouldn't experience any problems deleting those pesky Temp files.  Double click My Computer Icon, right click on your "C" drive, click properties and then click tools.  You should see a Tools Tab stating "disk clean-up".  Most of the options are safe to get rid of.  If you are new to it, you might not want to go into the advanced settings until you get a little help.  I hope this helps you out.  The purpose of this is to try to keep your PC from getting too cluttered, and fragmented.
    • Marked as answer by JilluTeddy Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:39 AM
  • IMTEBF.xml similar to this name ,they are many .xml files were creating in %temp% folder
    can i delete those .xml files
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:02 AM
  • nicuads,

are you sure to delete those files? twice a rebulid my machine in with in 6months.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:06 AM