inbound unknown number shown as Anonymous RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have a problem.

If the external caller is an unknown external pstn-number, the Lync phone edition shows while ringing "anonymous" in the display, but no number.

Simultaneously my lync client shows "anonymous", but also the unknown pstn (+49123 456789) number.

Is it possible that lync client and lync phone edition only shows the number, an no "anonymous" for unknown external pstn numbers?

many thanks

Phil

Friday, October 26, 2012 9:06 AM

All replies

• Lync Uses P-ASSERTED-IDENTITY header to display the name of the caller.

Please make sure that the gateway does not sent "Anonymous" in P-ASSERTED-IDENTITY header.

-Santosh

Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

Is your Lync connect to a PBX? If it connects to Nortel phone system, please check the check box "forward redirected OLI". Here is a similar issue for your reference. You can refer to last reply on this theme.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsucintegration/thread/45ab6495-fc3d-41fa-adb0-8b10c61f8cd4

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Kent-Huang Monday, October 29, 2012 8:30 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:04 AM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

yes it is connected to a Hipath 8000.

I will check the answer of Santosh_More, then yours.

Thanks for your reply.

Monday, October 29, 2012 8:33 AM