Event 4999, MSExchange Common Watson report about to be sent for process id: 7672 RRS feed

• Question

• We have an Exchange 2010 SP3 server which is having continuous errors in the Application Event logs.

We have 2 Exchange servers with a total of 3 mailbox databases. The Exchange servers are located in different physical sites and all databases are part of a DAG. Both Exchange servers are running Exchange 2010 SP3 version 14.03.0224.002 (Update Rollup 8-v2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3)

We have not noticed any problems with mailbox availability. We do on occasion have problems with the w3wp.exe process taking a lot of resources on the serer causing memory usage to spike above 90% while our baseline memory usage runs in the 60-80% range. Even when memory usage spikes users have no problems accessing e-mail through Outlook or OWA.

Checking the process associated with PID 7672 this is w3wp.exe, so the issues may be related.

This is the complete error:

Watson report about to be sent for process id: 7672, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.03.0224.001, PublicCalendarVdir, M.E.Clients.Owa, M.E.C.O.C.ProxyUtilities.GetRequestExecution, System.NullReferenceException, 99e3, 14.03.0224.002.
    ErrorReportingEnabled: True

Details:

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] MSExchange Common
    - EventID 4999
    [ Qualifiers] 16388
    Level 2
    Task 1
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2015-01-09T14:10:22.000000000Z
    EventRecordID 877530
    Channel Application
    Computer MAIL.company.com
    Security
    - EventData
    E12
    c-RTL-AMD64
    PublicCalendarVdir
    M.E.Clients.Owa
    M.E.C.O.C.ProxyUtilities.GetRequestExecution
    System.NullReferenceException
    99e3
    True

Any suggestions as to a cause or solution to this problem? There is an event in the log at least once every hour, sometimes as much as 2-3 times in an hour.

Friday, January 9, 2015 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi JeeNz,

According to your description, I know that you got Event 4999 with high usage of w3wp.exe 2-3 times in an hour.

Based on the Error message, I notice this issue related to Calendar. Is there anything abnormal when access Calendar via Outlook, OWA, Mobile etc.?

What action cause this issue? If installing ru8-v2 cause this issue, please try to uninstall v2 for testing.

I have saw a user has a similar Error that cannot access shared calander in mobile devices. They solved their issue by following steps:

1. Re-creating new policy "InternetCAL" by GUI by following article:

Enable Internet Calendar Publishing

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607475(v=exchg.141).aspx

2. Later run following commands:

Set-MailboxCalendarFolder -Identity ms.test:\Calendar -DetailLevel LimitedDetails

Set-MailboxCalendarFolder -Identity ms.test:\Calendar -SearchableUrlEnabled $true

Set-SharingPolicy -Name InternetCAL -Domains 'Anonymous: CalendarSharingFreeBusySimple' -Enabled $true

Set-MailboxCalendarFolder -Identity ms.test:\Calendar -DetailLevel FullDetails

3. Mobile users can access shared calendar without error.

Thanks

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 12, 2015 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Thanks

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:40 AM
  • Hello Mavis

I apologize but I have been unable to log in to my technet account for the past several days due to a strange error message. Seems to be working normally this morning.

Thank you for the suggestion but this issue actually existed before the ru8-v2 update. We actually recently updated our Exchange servers from Exchange 2010 SP1 to SP3 ru8-v2 hoping this would be fixed by the update. As this was occuring before the update I don't feel removing the update will provide any new information, and as they are production servers I would be hesitant to make this kind of change.

I have not had any reports or noticed anything strange with calendars and OWA, but I will research and attempt the steps as you have suggested. We actually only enabled Internet Published in the past 30 days for our Exchange environment, but I am assuming this is just a coincidence. The problem with the w3wp.exe and this error message have been an ongoing issue for at least 6 months.

I will post again after I have had a chance to follow these steps, my goal is to work on this on 1/22/15.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:59 PM
  • I went through the steps this morning for this and the errors are still occurring about once an hour at a random interval. As we actually only enabled calender publishing last month and this error has been occurring for some time I don't think this is related to our problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:49 PM