Wanted to disable "The Delegate Access" option in Outlook 2013, 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I Wanted to disable "The Delegate Access" option in Outlook 2013, 2016

We need to prevent the end users using outlook 2013, 2016 to  providing their mailbox & calendar access permissions to other user.

below imaged similar feature 

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:39 AM

Answers

• Dear Guys

I got some tricky solution, hope this steps will help to achieve your goal,

1. Exit Outlook
    2. Go to following folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
    3. Rename the DLGSETP.DLL as OLD_DLGSETP.DLL (Before you modify it Backup the DLGSETP.DLL to another folder)
    4. Start Outlook and click "Delegate Access" (if there is no response which is Delegate Access option is unavailable)
    5. Restart the system and for better result 

Note: its completely your own risk activity, try it in test system before implementing in production.
    • Marked as answer by Mohamed Nazer Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:12 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To meet your needs, it is suggested to disable the "Delegate Access" option via GPO.

And there is an article for you: The Delegate Access option is disabled in Outlook.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Dear Guys

I got some tricky solution, hope this steps will help to achieve your goal,

1. Exit Outlook
    2. Go to following folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
    3. Rename the DLGSETP.DLL as OLD_DLGSETP.DLL (Before you modify it Backup the DLGSETP.DLL to another folder)
    4. Start Outlook and click "Delegate Access" (if there is no response which is Delegate Access option is unavailable)
    5. Restart the system and for better result 

Note: its completely your own risk activity, try it in test system before implementing in production.
    • Marked as answer by Mohamed Nazer Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:12 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:11 AM