none
Templates RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Jerry,

In order to help you, we'd need more information? Which version of MS Project? Connect to a server?

In case you are using Project Server, it might be an issue with the permission. The security group you belong to needs the "save template" and "new project" permissions.

Of course, the project must have been saved before as a template (.mpt) on your server and associated to an enterprise project type (EPT).

Hope this help.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:07 PM
  • 2013 Standard... no server.. laptop

its a template that comes with the program... wont allow me to open, says there is an error... I just bought it and downloaded it

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:10 PM
  • jerry0844 --

How about telling us the name of the template with which you are having problems?  Are you having problems creating new projects from any of the other templates?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:26 PM
  • jerry0844 --

I forgot to ask you to tell us what error you are seeing as well.  Please let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:27 PM
  • commercial construction template... its says "something went wrong while downloading your template"

none of the templates are working but I can start a new blank one..

Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:56 AM
  • Templates are downloaded in to %appdata%/roaming/microsoft/templates.  Can you check if you have the ability to create files in there.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:46 PM